Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been spending the last week looking for a perfect setup to suit my needs.

and i narrowed it down to these

kicker dc12 (dual 12")300w total rms paired with a kicker zx300.1
or a kicker vcvr12 (single 12") 400w rms paired with a kicker zx400.1

i cant decide and its really bugging me.can anyone give me some opinions on which one to go with?is 2 12s better than one?is more cone area important?

and im going to do the big3 and get a cap.hopefully i dont have any issues with my electric system

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
What's your spending budget. May be able to recommend some better subs or a sub. And no battery cap. They're do nothing but still power from your amp. Big 3 with 4 gauge is all you would need for 400 watts if anything. So give us your spending limit and we will help you out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (RByers @ Jun 8 2010, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810494
What's your spending budget. May be able to recommend some better subs or a sub. And no battery cap. They're do nothing but still power from your amp. Big 3 with 4 gauge is all you would need for 400 watts if anything. So give us your spending limit and we will help you out.[/b]
thanks for the help,my spending limit isnt that high because of the level of importance this was to me.i just wanted a super clean sub(s).i also didnt want to have to worry about straining my alternator/battery

my limit is 360$ and that has to pay for amp/subwoofer/box

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Ok. Can you build your own box or are you wanting to but one premade? Don't know where you live but I'd love to sell my current setup for $200 :D doubt your anywhere close to hear it to consider. I'll look around when I get a chance and post some options. Few other members know a little more from experience and might be able to give some options from experience. Kickers are pretty good speakers but I'm not sure I'd recommend them for sound quality %100

1 - 5 of 5 Posts