Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiii i need help well trying to install my aftermarket radio i see the the wires but dont now which wire is for the speakers i went nd look at the actual speaker nd i saw the color wire but once im in the deck of the radio nd the plug on the stock radio there different color wire nd ive already seperated the climate conntrol wire
if anybody could help on how they have install theres would be nice
thanks
it would be nice for pics

·
Registered
587 Posts
the wires in the trunk are were the speaker wires come from. there is no wire behind the unit up front in the dash. to add a after market kit you need the foot ball face plate and the wiring harness. they cost me around 50-60 bucks do not buy them from best buy they cost about $120 unless you think it is needed. i think millionbuy.com and amazon.com and ebay all have kits that are around 50 bucks. you need to splice the power wires behind the dash and run the wire from the trunk to the dash. on the driver side the rocker trim in front should lift up and out. the rear door rocker trim does not lift out and it make it harder to do may need a wire coat hanger to pull the cable from the trunk threw the rear seat. do not yank out the trunk carpet trim if you can pull it back easily the better and find the spot corner of the trunk by the seat to pull the wires threw. all the speaker wire for the kit is a long wire harness that runs from the trunk clip to the after market radio. very simple to do but easy to mess up all you have to do is match wire color to wire color on the harness so black to black white to white white with black stripe to white with black stripe so on .....is all you should be doing if they tell you to hook a different color wire to to a different color wire check it out first in the Haynes manual to make sure it is safe like cig lighter circuit to some other one . you could be back feeding power at that point cause cig lighter is hot at all times. i think i read a typo like this on my scoches wire kit info. but since i threw it away not sure.

·
Registered
587 Posts
some more info

ya best thing i did was read the instruction for the kit you have to remove all the ac controls and transfer the clips to the new face for the new radio and bend the basket tabs of the radio to fit snugly to the face plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts