Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyhelp would be appreciated in locating the center caps that belong to this factory rim.... (part# if you have it, wouldbe appreciated).

I have always liked these rims and found several places that have them for sale refinished, but ofcourse, almost all of them don't have or include the center caps.:angry: (and more than likely they are going to be around $25/piece, unreal)

Also interestingly, they list (3) version of this factory rim - Plain silver, Silver w/ charcoal vents and Chrome. I have seen the first two variations, but never this rim in Chrome.

In that alternative, the same company has the SHO wheels too in chrome, non chrome painted Silver and non chrome painted medium grey. Again, if any can get a part number for this rim, I would greatly appreciate any help.

I just recently bought new Conti ExtremeContact DWS tires (225/55/R16) and I really would rather but them on a 16"x6.5" rim and not on my current factory rims which will be for sale when I get my new rims and tires mounted.

In he worst case, I will order the Sport Edition Rims from tirerack 16"x7" or the Rage Rims from discount tire 16"x7", but I tend to prefer stock items when I do my mods. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) Interested in selling them seperate? If not, would you be able to tell me part#'s on the back of them if they have. Every place I called sounded like they did not have a clue!

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
If part numbers is what you want you hit the jackpot. Here is what is on the back...

XR33-1A096-HA
F8ZV-1A096-AA
YR3V-1A096-AA
F8SC-1A096-BA

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If part numbers is what you want you hit the jackpot. Here is what is on the back...

XR33-1A096-HA
F8ZV-1A096-AA
YR3V-1A096-AA
F8SC-1A096-BA
Thanks a million, now that I see each center cap must be specific for each wheel! (sarcasm) Jeez, could they not just have one part#?

That actually gives me some options - the chrome covered plastic ones and black or silver SVT ones. The prices are as bad as ink catridges for printers. A set of 4 news ones is close to $100 and $50+ for used ones....

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Did you check with wheel source in PA to see if they had them? IIRC they were charging $10/pop last I checked.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you check with wheel source in PA to see if they had them? IIRC they were charging $10/pop last I checked.
Thanks Nick! I'll check it out now....

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Thanks Nick! I'll check it out now....
And of course I got the name wrong...Wheel Source is here in Columbia (and they suck).

Wheel Collision Center in Bath, PA.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
the chrome ones are usually just the factory rim with chrome plating. they offer 7 spoke rims like what came from the factory on my sable in chrome but dont have matching chrome centercaps...

what about that 99 se sport in the junkyard? could you nab the center caps from those?

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beleive it or not, they were not very usuable. There were only 3 of them and they where all busted up on the inside and scrathed up [retty badly on the outside. I took one, but for the life of me, cannot find it anywhere, which is why I asked for the part number. Kind of cheap though, hard plastic w/ chrome coating. I think they are 2 9/16". On the other hand, apparently you can use the black or silver SVT center caps to on these, but I am going for the originals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts