Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Taurus with the 3.0L OHV engine. My fuel system is the electronc returnless fuel system. There is a round, silver object connected inline with my fuel supply line that I cannot identify, neither can my local dealership. I thought maybe someone here could help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel pressure regulator

<div class='quotemain'> neither can my local dealership. [/b]
LOL
[/b][/quote]
My vehicle doesn't have a fuel pressure regulator. It uses the electronic returnless fuel system. There is nothing else going into or coming out of this except the fuel line.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
It may be a fuel line damper.

I'm not sure about ford's returnless system, but I know GM's do not have a fuel pressure regulator at all. The PCM controls the fuel pressure by speeding up and slowing down the fuel pump as needed. Also Gm's fuel damper is in the tank as part of the sending unit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It may be a fuel line damper.

I'm not sure about ford's returnless system, but I know GM's do not have a fuel pressure regulator at all. The PCM controls the fuel pressure by speeding up and slowing down the fuel pump as needed. Also Gm's fuel damper is in the tank as part of the sending unit.
[/b]
Ford's returnless fuel system works the same way. The PCM varies the voltage to the fuel pump via a fuel pump control module. It could be a damper. I was wondering if it might be some sort of inline filter.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Not way up there it wouldn't be a filter. Only thing I can think of is a damper. GM fuel filter's are in the tank now and supposedly have no service intervals. What a **** idea that is. Fuel still contains dirt and if the filter needs replacement, you have to drop the tank. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts