Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2004 ford taurus it has 200 116 miles it's got a leak on the main transmission vacuum hose and also hot a idle air control valve code I replaced iac and code is still there. I'm thinkin there's a leak in the hose connected to under the iac but wanting some help figuring this out I just changed the oil n filter n air filter. Have trouble filling up my tank at times. It stops at 3 quarters of a tank.
Also can anyone tell me what these hoses are n give me info about them.
20210209_193925.jpg
20210209_193900.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
The image on the left side of the attachments is the vapor canister purge valve. The hoses all seem to be part of the evaporative emission system (evap hoses). When refueling, the air in the tank is vented through the vapor canister and the vent valve. An obstruction here will slow/prevent fuel from entering the tank. The vent valve might have failed in the closed position

If you search "fuel vapor" on forrdpartsgiant.com, many of the parts of the evap system will be in the results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The image on the left side of the attachments is the vapor canister vent valve. The hoses all seem to be part of the evaporative emission system (evap hoses). When refueling, the air in the tank is vented through the vapor canister and the vent valve. An obstruction here will slow/prevent fuel from entering the tank. The vent valve might have failed in the closed position

If you search "fuel vapor" on forrdpartsgiant.com, many of the parts of the evap system will be in the results.

Thank you.
I also seen a bunch of oil under the car and idea what could be wrong ?

·
Super Moderator
8,502 Posts
Likely the pan gasket. Ford redesigned the gasket for the 04 model year due to all the complaints about leaking pan gaskets.

Reactions: james27613
1 - 5 of 5 Posts