Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 94 Wagon with the vulcan engine, overheating and stalling out on me, with a rattle while accelerating. Was driving like a champ the last 2 weeks, then all of the sudden last night it stalled out on my wife while she was driving home and it overheated, first thing i thought was a headgasket, but the oil looks good and clean and there is no oil floating in the coolant, but there was almost no coolant in the tank when she got home last night.....i'm lost, any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
8,663 Posts
Refill with water, start it up and look for leaks. Probably split a hose and it puked all coolant out on the road.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, there is no leak, the tank is full of antifreeze, the heads are going i think.....time to start tearing it down i guess....unless anyone else has any ideas? :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did the coolant just kinda disappear all at once? Or is it possible there was a slow leak and the car finally just had enough last night and overheated? My Contour has had slow coolant leak problems for the past year or so, and my car won't overheat until the coolant is almost completely gone, and it happens really quick. It isn't a gradual thing...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it is a coolant leak it is a VERY slow one, like i said, refilled it last night and its still full, but the motor is still overheating and knocking when its warmed up, smoking from under the plugs......like i said, i think the heads are going. To make things worse ive only had the car for 2 weeks, and the ******* i bought it from sold it to me cause he was moving and wanted to get rid of it, or i'd go kick his ass, now i have no transportation once again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts