Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking on mercurys website and i envy u '04 owners... nice steering wheel, and it looks like they FINALLY have digital odometers and the gauges looks very nice. however i see some buttons next to the vents, what are those for? i was wondering if any of us '00-'03 taurus/sable owners could do a switch with the '04 gauge cluster, and i like the new woodgrain pattern, it's lighter and they now have wood on the shifter and steering wheel... very sexy. so i was wondering if anyone can tell me if it would be possible to do a switch with the instrument clusters and put an '04 in an '00 to '03. also if someone with an '04 could post pics of their cluster that i could drool at it would be appreciated. the fully loaded sable/taurus is really really underated.

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
The buttons next to the vents are to control the digital read outs. I believe they say "set, reset, mode."

The wood grain on the steering wheel and shifter knob were available on the pre 2004 design (attached picture.)

I doubt the gaugues are interchangable. The digital screen has a read out of on board "systems." It reads about fuel economy, etc. This all comes from the computer, I'm sure. So you would also need to swap computers. I dont think it's feasable.

-Kyle

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ahhh.. Yes, the 04.

As many of you know I had an 04 loaner. Well if you really want to know about the 04's read this:

My post

Notice the lack of an compass on the mirror? Notice the Lack of an Outside Temp button on the EATC? I wonder where they could be?

Read the post, and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wood grain on the steering wheel and shifter knob were available on the pre 2004 design (attached picture.)[/b]
i have a '01 sable ls premium with every single option, and the wood steering wheel and shifter knob wasn't an option. only the piece around the shifter and around the stereo/climate controls, and the woodgrain is a darker tone, i like the lighter better.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by mk7@Feb 9 2004, 12:17 AM
The wood grain on the steering wheel and shifter knob were available on the pre 2004 design (attached picture.)
i have a '01 sable ls premium with every single option, and the wood steering wheel and shifter knob wasn't an option. only the piece around the shifter and around the stereo/climate controls, and the woodgrain is a darker tone, i like the lighter better. [/b][/quote]
It was available, trust me...not until late 2002, and all of 2003, though. Another picture on a pre 2004...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts