Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 87 taurus with a busted water pump for 100 dollars up here... I have changed the water pump, thermostat, and Temperature sending unit... I want to change the engine coolant temperature sensor to make sure the fan spins when its supposed to...

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Ive checked many sources and they say it's located to the rear left of the engine, Under the manifolds... But I still cant find it... can anyone show me a picture or something?

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I used google images and nothing. Autozone, nothing. Matter of fact, they have EXACTLY the same pics and text as my Chilton #26700 - 1986-1995 Taurus/Sable soft-back repair manual. The ONLY info I've found is one line of text, page 3-15 reads... Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (2.5L engine) is at the left rear of the engine, below the manifolds. I'm assuming the intake and exhaust are integrated as one piece, like a 300-I-6? That's what it sounds like.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I still couldn't find it, so I bought and ALLDATA Subscription for 27 bucks and heres what it got a diagram. Heres the diagram so nobody else has to pay...

[attachment=29030:42311618.gif]

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts