Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find the right part numbers on the forum and the web, but I keep getting different brands and part numbers.

2000 Sable Duratec DOHC, and I believe the transmission is AX4N
I can't remember the codes, the mechanic said misfire in two cylinders, and some strange ticking/rattling like noise in the back of the engine when accelerating. Will need to inspect the manifold and plenum I believe. It has 172k miles, and I want to repair/maintain it to last for a while without any problems.

I have to have the parts ready before we start working on the car to avoid going to the expensive dealer/shops.

Here is what I found that will most likely should be replaced so far

Fuel filter: Motorraft FG1060 Filter
Serpentine belt: Gates K060755 Multi V-Groove Belt
Transmission pan gasket: Fel-Pro TOS18709
Transmission filter: Motorcraft FT130
Spark plugs: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plug 4458
Coil: DG500

Correct me if I am wrong, but should those spark plugs wires on the 2000 Duratec be replaced normally?

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
23,353 Posts
Dont think you have spark plug wires on a 2000 tec. You should have individual coils on plugs (cop). I suggest using motorcraft or autolite plugs. Your tranny pan gasket should be reusable.

·
Registered
23,353 Posts
I suggest getting on autozone, advance auto or oreillys websites and start looking up part#s and comparing prices. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
If your transmissions pan gasket has not already been replaced and you have the rigid reusable type. KEEP IT. they are much better than the aftermarket junk. I would also stay away from the gimmicky Bosch Platinum +4 in favor of the Motorcraft platinum plugs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suggest getting on autozone, advance auto or oreillys websites and start looking up part#s and comparing prices. Good luck.
I tried, but it's hard to find Motorcraft/OEM parts on autozone's or other websites. I thought Amazon.com was good and accurate, but it's not.

Thanks for the info though.. have a good day

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your transmissions pan gasket has not already been replaced and you have the rigid reusable type. KEEP IT. they are much better than the aftermarket junk. I would also stay away from the gimmicky Bosch Platinum +4 in favor of the Motorcraft platinum plugs
I don't think there is a gasket any more, I took a quick look at it and it seems like they just sealed it with that orange-sh sealant thing. That's why I decided to change everything, besides the motorcraft filter is about $14.
I heard many people complaint about Bosch spark plugs and not sure why!
I was looking for the motorcraft platinum ones but couldn't fine the model/part number. Please let me know if you know it just in case I decide to go with them.

Thanks, have a great veterans day.

·
Registered
23,353 Posts
Bosch have sometimes been problematic in ford engines. If you dont have the original tranny pan gasket, get on advance auto parts website (replacement parts) and order (unless you have stores in your area) pro-king automatic transmission filter kit. Part# is fk-311 for $19.99. The kit includes filter with seal and elasmeric (similar to oem) pan gasket. They also carry motorcraft platinum iridium spark plugs for your year and engine. Part# is sp433 for $2.69 each.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts