Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes 2001 Taurus Flex Fuel sprung a coolant leak today and no one can tell me what the part name or number is that I need.

What I need is the aluminum looking 90* elbow that comes out of the lower intake mani just behind the thermostat housing.There is a hose that comes from that to the top of the coolant reservoir.

I havnt taken anything apart yet but does that thread in or pressed in?The manual has no info on this part so Im not even sure how to take it out.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Your best bet is to go to a scrapyard with some tools. You can take one of their engines apart, and best case, take the part you need. Worst case, you know the info you need. Somebody might pop in with actual help, though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know if the lower manifold has to come off to replace this?

I went to a couple auto parts but they didnt know what it was.Salvage yards around here are real jerks,they dont let you out in their yards.

Almost tempted to just take the broken part out and tap the hole with an NPT tap buy threaded copper from home depot.;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved.

I broke off the nipple then used an ease out to get the broken part out.Then used a 1/8" tap and threaded the hole for a 1/8" threaded brass nipple from Home Depot then clamped the hose on.No leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts