Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a '99 SE but not sure if it came with a cd changer or not. I have the radio button but after searching trunk & this forum I can't find one nor do I have the trunk trim either. However I found some mounting brackets under the speaker deck & blue cord with round plug hanging there. I traced blue cord & it plugs into RCU unit. Any ideas what was mounted there?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
It isn't a factory install. Can you grab some pictures?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,411 Posts
Some of the Gen 3's had a 10 disc changer mounted there(under shelf)...but I think they had a wired remote? I think they were dealer installed .

·
Registered
150 Posts
CDC-FDR is an adapter by Audiovox to allow their CD-changer to interface with the Ford RCU. After-market CD changer installation.

·
Registered
150 Posts
personally i would opt for a ford oem changer. if interested in one contact member "durasel" he sells audio
Agree. Rather than trying to figure out what can work with a 3rd party adapter, just go with what works and is simple. You will also need the cable that connects between the changer and the RCU.

You may just choose to go with an mp3 player connection instead. There are threads all over the place showing how to replace the changer (which you don't have anyway) with an mp3 player or Bluetooth receiver for streaming audio. These adapter will come with the required cables to the RCU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts