Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to finish up the install of a Motorola T-605 in my car. To do this I need to tap both a switched power (power only when key in run/acc position) and a un-switched power(always on). Both of these circuits need to draw less then 5amp (that is what the inline fuse is rated at), and I do not want to go back to the fuse box under the hood. I would either like to connect to the fuse panel under the dash using a fuse tap or tap directly into the power for the radio.

So here are my questions, which would be best and if I did use the fuse panel under the dash which would be the recommended fuses to use?

I do also have one last questions, the T605 has a cell phone mute wire and manual states the following when mentioning it "cell phone mute wire supports an active low single wire, radio mute signal." Is that compatible with the mute wire in the radio harness?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I would use a fuse tap under the dash. I like the fuse taps because they are clean, yet removable. Otherwise you have to find a suitable hot wire to tap into, and if that causes any unforeseen problems, its a little harder resolve shy of clipping the wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is kinda of the direction I was leaning, but the question remains which fuse location are switched and which are un-switched, and which one of each type would be best to tap.

The thing is I know which wires that go the radio control unit are both and I can tap then fairly easily with out doing too much damage, but my primary concern is overloading that circuit.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts