Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2001 Taurus LX OHV & I'm getting ready to change out the a/c compressor clutch hub pulley /assembly(not the compressor-just the clutch-hub-pulley assembly). Anyway, I know there are many here who have had the pleasure of doing this job & I was hoping I could get the steps in sequence. I know there are a few links on this site & I have been checking them out but I was hoping there may be some who have done this procedure recently. In reading the related links there seems to be some discussion as to which is the best way to do the job: Either from the top or bottom. I'm not a mechanic so I don't have a ton of tools so I'm hoping for some advise as to which way will be the easiest method. It would be fantastic If folks have some pictures of the required steps for either method (working from the top or dropping the cross-fram & accessing from the bottom). I will try and take some photos's myself to post & thank you all in advance for your assistance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't have too much advice, but my mechanic brother in law approached the problem from under the passenger side wheel... although I had just the compressor replaced.. so maybe it is different? Same general area though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking that way is gonna be the best way. I had to change a harmonic balancer pulley on a 96 Camry and that is where I worked from. Toyota put a little door/hatch over there though. I was hoping someone could post a step by step

1 - 3 of 3 Posts