Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother is in need of a RCU in the trunk. She looked around the local salvage yards and they all seem to be running high prices. I was wondering if anyone out there had a spare RCU she could buy off of you?

It's the simple one, no cd-changer, amp, etc if that means anything. I haven't had the car in a while so I'm not sure about anything else.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My mother is in need of a RCU in the trunk. She looked around the local salvage yards and they all seem to be running high prices. I was wondering if anyone out there had a spare RCU she could buy off of you?

It's the simple one, no cd-changer, amp, etc if that means anything. I haven't had the car in a while so I'm not sure about anything else.
just wanting a base model rcu or a mach?

Should be able to find a ton of those. I've got the one I pulled from my 07

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I have one from a gen 3 car. Standard issue. $25 shipped.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Any RCU from 97 to 2007 are almost the same; only difference are RCU from basic sound system or the Premium sound system which is the Mach Audio RCU.
They all interchange and are a plug and play item.
My recommendation is to ge a Mach RCU but thats just me.
Check your pm.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
A JBL Rcu wont be good if he doesn't install the JBL self powered subwoofer.
In my opinion JBL Rcu is the best overall.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
A JBL Rcu wont be good if he doesn't install the JBL self powered subwoofer.
In my opinion JBL Rcu is the best overall.
X2.

Even though I was somewhat disappointed with the JBL speakers and tweeters. Mach is the way to go there or go aftermarket. I have JBL/Mach combo and I am very happy with it, anyhow for the RCU .... JBL all of way. :dude:

LuckyB)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts