Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I screwed up my wiring harness. I took the wires out of the plastic connector and can't figure out what spots the wires go in.

Can anyone post a picture or an explanation? I mean the wires that go from the connector to the bulbs.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
So... I screwed up my wiring harness. I took the wires out of the plastic connector and can't figure out what spots the wires go in.

Can anyone post a picture or an explanation? I mean the wires that go from the connector to the bulbs.
[/b]

be more specific... what connector? what part of the harness? there are hundreds of connectors and about 65lbs worth of wiring

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the first connector once the wires go in the trunk for the passenger side brake light.

I need to know what slots the wires go in on the part that goes towards the brake light, not the side that goes into the car.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
the first connector once the wires go in the trunk for the passenger side brake light.

I need to know what slots the wires go in on the part that goes towards the brake light, not the side that goes into the car.
[/b]
Can you look at the one on the driver's side to figure it out?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried that but I think it is mirrored. I tried to figure it out and couldn't. I also tried matching the colors of the wires to the wires on the other side of the connector and that didn't work either.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The connectors are the same. Get an ohm meter and trace down the contacts in the socket with the wires.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Tried that but I think it is mirrored. I tried to figure it out and couldn't. I also tried matching the colors of the wires to the wires on the other side of the connector and that didn't work either.
[/b]
I have the short harness' for both sides (from the trunk out to the rear brake lights) laying out. I just replaced a harness, so if you want, I will take pics and post them tonight when I get home.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I have the short harness' for both sides (from the trunk out to the rear brake lights) laying out. I just replaced a harness, so if you want, I will take pics and post them tonight when I get home.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, that's what I need. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All my tries were WAYYYYYYYYYYYY off. It's fixed though :)

Thank you :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts