Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 1994 ford taurus last week, well what had happend was I was driving I noticed hard shifting so i checked the tranny fluid it was low so I topped it off and the next day I thought to do some preventitive maintanence and flushed the radiator from all of the brown rust also changed the thermostat then broke the upper left bolt on the thermostat housing I attempted rigging it tapping a new all and all everything failed so I went to the local junkyard and purchased a used intake for only $22 (wish i would have price checked before rigging it would have saved atleast$30 ) so I installed everything correct But I ******* up and forgot to mark the timing belt and now it won't start any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
So you stripped out the old one and had to replace the lower intake manifold? What does the timing chain have to do with this?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
what he probably meant to say is he removed the distributer and needs to re-time it.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
right it needs to be put back into time. but what did you do? with the wrong info we will give you wrong info. did you pull the timing belt? the distributor?
if you just did the distributor then get number one cylinder to tdc and set the rotor to number 1 and drop the distributor back into place. then get a timing light and set the timing accordingly.
if you removed the belt and somehow turned the crankshaft or cam then its a different process. so please give us some more details so we can give you the correct info and prevent damage to the engine

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Uh.. Question, What 1994 Taurus engine has a timing BELT? (Srsly - It's a real question) I thought there were only the 3.0L (OHV) and the 3.8L engines, both are timing chain though right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts