Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a cd changer (if possible in the dash not the trunk) i've got a 98' ford taurus se with a tape player :( and id like a cd changer. does anyone know where i can get one and tell me how to install it. oh and how mutch it costs (im on a budget)

thanks allot
Will

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Check eBay for a changer. That's where I got mine at a good price. It came with pretty good instructions, basically mount it, plug and play.

Also look for other threads in the electronics forum for help on this.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
[/QUOTE]does anyone know where i can get one and tell me how to install it. oh and how mutch it costs (im on a budget
You can get a FM module (spelling???) CD changer at almost any electronic store (ie: circut city, best buy...) for about $100- 150.... It is easy to install and can be temporary until you can get a better one. Good Luck shopping.

·
Registered
73 Posts
bigbird, I just installed a stereo in my '98SE this past week. I ordered the oval kit to replace your built-in stereo from crutchfield ($59) and a JVC stereo ($100) dat plays MP3 from pricegrabber.com. The installing process, however, is difficult if you haven't done it before. I had my buddies at college help me out. 2 of them were pro's, but it still took us a couple hours to get it in. Basically, we had to run the speaker wire from the amp in the trunk, all the way to the back of the new stereo. We had to remove the back seat to access the amp, and remove the panels on the side to hide the wire. If you're doing this alone, its very difficult. Also, at the end, I had a small metal piece left over in the oval frame, which I have to file and remove for the stereo to fit perfectly. Since you have the same car as me, you'll probably run into the same problem. Also, the crutchfield instructions tell you to attach the wires to each individual speaker, but you don't have to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts