Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Taurus and apparently I need a CCRM. Would really prefer to by-pass ford and the $200 cost there if I can. Anybody have any suggestions. Non available int he salvage yards in the whole Phoenix area. Rock auto says they don't have them nor can they get them. Although I thought someone posted a while back they got one form them. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The final clue I needed to replace the CCRM is when the care won't start and I tap on the CCRM (with the handle of a screw driver), it will start. The fuel pump is not coming on when it won't start. I have checked and cleaned all the connections.

Thanks

Sal

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
We carry some used ones: SHO Source

Just make sure to which one you need as you list a Duratec motor which didn't come with the 93, you can only have the SHO, Vulcan or 3.8.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (LOUDSHO92 @ Mar 1 2009, 11:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704229

Just make sure to which one you need as you list a Duratec motor which didn't come with the 93, you can only have the SHO, Vulcan or 3.8.[/b]

I thought I had corrected that, but that was about the time the system crashed. Yes it is the Vulcan, thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (noleg2standon @ Mar 1 2009, 02:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704278
QUOTE (LOUDSHO92 @ Mar 1 2009, 11:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704229

Just make sure to which one you need as you list a Duratec motor which didn't come with the 93, you can only have the SHO, Vulcan or 3.8.[/b]

I thought I had corrected that, but that was about the time the system crashed. Yes it is the Vulcan, thanks. The CCRM has a J on the label.
[/b][/quote]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts