Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware that many folks are interested in a fall meet. Planning this one is a little tougher due to weather starting to get nastier, school is in session for many, and those who are not in school are working full time generally. Also, there is no event to center this one around.

I am proposing a 2 day mini-meet in mid September. I was thinking September 19th and September 20th if possible. That is a Friday and Saturday.

Other options are bumping it a week later, or doing a Thursday and Friday thing if weekends are hard for many. For me personally, being in retail makes getting weekends off hard.

The idea is to meet somewhere central to most of us. Albany was thrown in the mix, although there is not much exciting to do in Albany. I was maybe thinking southern Adirondacks and having us all camp out overnight, but that can get to be a drive for many. Although this would be fun! This surely will not be the massive meet Carlisle is, but it'd be fun to get a few of us together.

I am open to other ideas, so throw em at me!

Let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm in but depending how long my drive is, depends how long i can stay. A Friday/Saturday works for me!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Later on in the month gives me time to prepare the things I am bringing.
I like it.
Thurs-Sun works for me. No class on Friday and I can leave right after my morning class on thursday and run south. I have no camping gear that I can bring though, but I think I can rent from the school, I'll look into it.

·
Administrator
14,946 Posts
As it is for me but it is a worthwhile destination, easier to sell to the better half. Unless it's really more of a NY meet than a NE meet that is being contemplated. NY would be a tough sell since she was there for Americade already this year.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still have this in the back of my mind. Still not quite sure on destination.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Unfortunately, those dates don't work for me. That's Parent's Weekend at my Daughter's college. :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've got a suggestion for that weekend.
Lime Rock Park in NW connecticut is running the Trans-Am racing series that weekend. Tickets are pretty cheap ~$25 for weekend general admission. I've never seen Trans-Am, but have watched many a Rolex Grand Am and ALMS race there. It's my favorite track. Theres a few good places to eat around there and the scenery is AWESOME. Thats the weekend of September 19-20.
More info here:
Trans-Am - Lime Rock Park

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
I'd definitely be able to make it to Lime Rock.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Lime Rock is far for me! over a 7 hour drive! but I think it would be worth it! TCCA and Race cars!

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
It's a 5 hour run for me too, but I would rather go down there for an awesome weekend at the track then hang out at a state park somewhere looking for something to do ya know?
Absolutely.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
I would love to go but that weekend and the following are out because I'll be moving my parents to their new house. That would leave the 1st weekend in October to be ok but then the 2nd and 3rd weekends are oldest and youngest's birthdays, then the following is the Atlantic City 1/2 marathon. Needless to say....... I'm pretty busy the next month+.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So should we move the date?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts