Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taurus fans!

We have been kicking around the idea of a seperate subforum dedicated solely to the Ford Taurus and its racing role in NASCAR Winston/Nextel/Busch Cups.

The way I envision it, there would be contributors that follow up on the Bull and the Cup races, post stats, driver discussions, Ford Racing tech, history of the Taurus in racing, etc.!

Your forum, you post the ideas you'd like to see!

The contributors can PM me here on the forum with their "resumes". You must be a regular on the forums and express a serious interest in NASCAR.

Fire away!

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I think it would be a waste (personally). Chat would be the place to discuss things like that.

Like i said, just a personal opinion! :chili:

Brad

J

·
0 Posts
I'm never in chat and never at home - so I really don't have a chance to follow NASCAR as much as I would like to - so if there were a thread going on here all about it - that would be great. :thumb: It'd be really nice to come here and get the scoop on what's going on - plus the information would be here for me to read whenever I can get to it - which is why I think it would be better to have it here rather than discuss it in chat. Plus it's yet another thing to draw members to our club. That's my $.02 :)

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
As I said before, there is no need for an extra forum. If you want to discuss Nascar, someone can start a new thread every week concerning that week's race or whatever Nascar specific topic.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I'm a NASCAR freak. I keep on top of current events on a daily basis. I don't mind posting updates.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I personally like the idea. I watch NASCAR weekly, follow up on drivers, and stay updated with NASCAR TrackPass. NASCAR is the only sport I follow on a weekly, or I probably should say a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I have nothing against a NASCAR forum but the racing cars have absolutely nothing in common with our cars except for a resemblance their sheetmetal has to the Gen IV.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Originally posted by Kermitec@May 6 2004, 10:53 PM
I have nothing against a NASCAR forum but the racing cars have absolutely nothing in common with our cars except for a resemblance their sheetmetal has to the Gen IV.
It's publicity, and the history of the sport. They carry the Taurus name, and I'm happy with that.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by UnDeR EsTiMaTeD+May 7 2004, 10:30 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UnDeR EsTiMaTeD @ May 7 2004, 10:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kermitec@May 6 2004, 10:53 PM
I have nothing against a NASCAR forum but the racing cars have absolutely nothing in common with our cars except for a resemblance their sheetmetal has to the  Gen IV.
It's publicity, and the history of the sport. They carry the Taurus name, and I'm happy with that. [/b][/quote]
:withstupid:

·
Banned
509 Posts
Originally posted by the_spy_guy@May 6 2004, 07:50 AM
I think it would be a waste (personally). Chat would be the place to discuss things like that.

Brad
I agree 100%!

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by FatTortoise+May 9 2004, 12:18 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FatTortoise @ May 9 2004, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the_spy_guy@May 6 2004, 07:50 AM

Brad
I agree 100%! [/b][/quote]

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by FVT+May 9 2004, 01:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FVT @ May 9 2004, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2004, 12:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-the_spy_guy
@May 6 2004, 07:50 AM

Brad

I agree 100%!
:withstupid: [/b][/quote]

I have a personal vandetta against NASCAR anyway. :neutral:

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Originally posted by Kermitec@May 6 2004, 10:53 PM
Would you rather see another Formula 1 type of racing where they are driving in cars that do not resemble any kind of vehicle at all. I like Nascar, because even though the engines and the insides are completely different, it at least it draws in the general public because the vehicles do resemble the everyday street car. If everyone saw it the way you did, Formula 1 and other open wheel racing would be more popular than Stock car, but it's not....at least not in America. I think that it's a good selling tool for the American auto makers and it makes the racing more interesting to say the least.

What gets me and is a bigger question is every auto maker that is in NASCAR makes an R/T model, GTS, or an SS model for the Dodge Intreped, the Pontiac Grand Prix(no longer in Nextel Cup racing), and Chevy Monte Carlo, but there is no high performance Taurus. I know we've talked about this many times before, but if Ford really wanted to increase there Taurus sales and boost interests for us FORD consumers, they really do need to either bring back the SHO or have something simular. I know it might never happen, but it's a good idea for the sport and for Ford.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by mykej27+May 10 2004, 11:36 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mykej27 @ May 10 2004, 11:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kermitec@May 6 2004, 10:53 PM
I have nothing against a NASCAR forum but the racing cars have absolutely nothing in common with our cars except for a resemblance their sheetmetal has to the  Gen IV.
Would you rather see another Formula 1 type of racing where they are driving in cars that do not resemble any kind of vehicle at all. I like Nascar, because even though the engines and the insides are completely different, it at least it draws in the general public because the vehicles do resemble the everyday street car. If everyone saw it the way you did, Formula 1 and other open wheel racing would be more popular than Stock car, but it's not....at least not in America. I think that it's a good selling tool for the American auto makers and it makes the racing more interesting to say the least.

What gets me and is a bigger question is every auto maker that is in NASCAR makes an R/T model, GTS, or an SS model for the Dodge Intreped, the Pontiac Grand Prix(no longer in Nextel Cup racing), and Chevy Monte Carlo, but there is no high performance Taurus. I know we've talked about this many times before, but if Ford really wanted to increase there Taurus sales and boost interests for us FORD consumers, they really do need to either bring back the SHO or have something simular. I know it might never happen, but it's a good idea for the sport and for Ford. [/b][/quote]

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Originally posted by mykej27+May 10 2004, 08:36 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mykej27 @ May 10 2004, 08:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kermitec@May 6 2004, 10:53 PM

What gets me and is a bigger question is every auto maker that is in NASCAR makes an R/T model, GTS, or an SS model for the Dodge Intreped, the Pontiac Grand Prix(no longer in Nextel Cup racing), and Chevy Monte Carlo, but there is no high performance Taurus. I know we've talked about this many times before, but if Ford really wanted to increase there Taurus sales and boost interests for us FORD consumers, they really do need to either bring back the SHO or have something simular. I know it might never happen, but it's a good idea for the sport and for Ford. [/b][/quote]
I stand by my statements. The Taurus sheetmetal is only used because the Thunderbird was discontinued. Don't be surprised if that changes either, I can smell a Ford Five Hundred NASCAR coming. Stock car racing is where its at for me. That would be better for the Taurus since there would have to be production models of any cars raced. That was what introduced American muscle cars. If I could purchase upgraded parts like bigger brakes, or better engines etc. because of NASCAR I'd be all for it. NASCAR presently does nothing for the Taurus other than present a similar sheetmetal to NASCAR fans. Like I said I have nothing against a NASCAR forum, I don't want to take away you NASCAR fans fun. but they really dont have anything in common with the Taurus I drive other than the sheetmetal.

A

·
0 Posts
Lets make a forum to talk about movies in. Because just about every movie I ever seen has at least one taurus in it. :rolleyes:

I vote no more forums, we already have too many. If you want to talk about nascar, make a post.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I don't see why the moderators have a problem with adding another forum.. If that forum goes unused, then threaten to delete it.

I would love to see a NASCAR forum. NASCAR brings awareness to the Taurus, even if it is only skin of a race car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts