Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if American Racing or any other company makes the black Nascar style racing wheel. I want to get some for next winter, and also kinda curious to see how they would look on a black Gen4 taurus. I've heard they don't make them for front wheel drive cars because of the different weight ratio on the front wheels. But I can't see why not. I think they would look nice.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Well, it's probably because of the offset. Usually RWD cars have the center towards the middle or rear of the wheel and FWD cars have their center towards teh front of the wheel. Some RWD cars have FWD offsets so some might be interchangable. Besides, they probably figure no one would buy them for a FWD car anyways. Try looking up a T-Bird because some T-Birds have wheels that will fit the Taurus.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I'm fairly sure they make a version for the Intrepid NASCAR package, complete with the yellow-letter tires. Might want to look into the bolt pattern and offset.

You can try dodgeintrepid.net and see if anyone knows what kind of wheels and offsets they have.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts