Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this wierd noise coming from my Sable about a week ago... well it ran fine! Nothing was wrong witht he car... so I thought it could possibly be a sticking valve... and that's not what I need right now. Well it wasn't. Today I got impatient, and I thought I would find out what the hell it is. So I popped open the hood, and I took a gander. I pressed on the spark plug wire to hold myself while I looked around the intake manifold.... the noise stopped! I then realized that there was something terribly wrong here. I immediatley shut off the car, and ran back to the front of the vehicle. I twisted the spark plug wire... I then determined that the spark plug was loose! YES LOOSE!! I pulled the spark plug wire gently, and got it to release. I then removed the spark plug... it was loose, carbon deposits were released through the hole of the spark plug. (Could be the reason why Im getting a code P0155 (HO2S 12). So I then go out to the tool box and grab some tools, I then wipe off the SP and then place it back in the motor. I start her up, and she purrs like a kitten!

Thought I would just inform you all of my great findings!

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Yup, it's like taking a t.v. apart to find out why there is no picture, when all you have to do is PLUG THE DAMN THING IN!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts