Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a rubber tube that is attached to where the passenger side strut bolts onto the car. It goes under the hood insulation padding. It's cut open currently. What is that hose?

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Windshield washer fluid to the 2 spray nozzles on the hood.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weird. I just used it this morning. Maybe when the hood is closed, the crack just happens to almost close? Thanks guys! I'll tape that sucker up.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
You can splice/repair it with 7/32 in. vacuum hose sold by the foot at parts stores. Or get the entire assy. from ford for ~$15-20. Or the dorman assy. from most part stores for ~$8-10.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The tubing on the replacement assembly I got from RockAuto broke in 2 days. They sent a replacement and it did the same. Rock Auto clerk didn't reply when I told him about it. I repaired it with rubber tubing as Sheila recommended.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Iirc, the dorman assy. is crap and ill-fitting. If youre going to replace the entire assy., its best to spring for the oem (ford) part. 7/32 vac. hose is great for short splice repairs.

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's common for those washer fluid hoses to separate

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
First post was a 1.5 year bump to plus a tape Wally World sells? ........... riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts