Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a used 03 taurus with 63k miles. i noticed a spot in my driveway that is not oil. coming from front end, passenger side. antifreeze doesnt seem to be getting lower in the resevoir, but i think it may have something to do with the antifreeze. belts and hoses are in good shape. any ideas what this leak might be?

also, it really doesnt have much color that i can see and has a slightly oily texture.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Check the lower radiator hose's connection to the radiator...The OEM spring clamp connecting this hose got weak on my 2004 and allowed coolant to weep out the hose after I drove the car and pressure built up. Perhaps this is the same problem you are having. I added an extra worm clamp behind the OEM spring clamp and the leak stopped. If you don't know which hose I am referring to, follow the hose that goes from the 'hose T' under the passenger side of the engine, to the bottom passenger side of the radiator.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Have you checked the P/S fluid? Someone might have used P/S fluid instead of atf. Power steering fluid is relativity clear in color.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Check all fluids including AT, PS, coolant, brakes and even if they are within normal range note their level for a baseline and continue checking them. Look around the back of the engine/firewall area where the heater hoses are routed. If you have car ramps you can get underneath and really check it out for where it could be coming from. Whatever is leaking could be coming from somewhere else and just running along a path until it finally drips off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 03 does the exact same thing, same fluid description too, but not all the time. Seems like my PS fluid level gets low when this happens..... The mystery to me is, it only does it every once in a while, not consistently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts