Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is my newest toy, and i am going to see if anyone here can guess what it is... here are your hints:

it is a 15 inch sub
it weighs about 60 pounds
the manufacturer no longer exists
and it is a power hungry beast that wangs hardcore

and now, for the pics

as for this last picture, i dare anyone to take another 60 pound subwoofer and pic it up by the suspension only! this thing is stiffer than heck, i have actually seen someone pick one up by nothing but the surround before!!!
im not gutsy enough to try that with mine though :p.

good luck with the guessing!!

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
LOL I totally cringed when i saw how you were holding that thing up in the last picture!!!!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe. this is the only sub i would ever do that to, only because i have seen worse done to it with no problems.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
sweet a**!!!

don't worry hoss, i won't give it away. lol.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, thanks alex

... so i havent gotten any gesses yet?? come on peeps, there has to be someone who can at least toss names around!!! we will play the guessing game until we have a winner!!(or until i decide to tell you what it is
)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good guess with the kove armageddon, but as 12volt said, they are still in business. the basket is different too, but good guess, the motors look similar.

another hint that i forgot to mention is that the dustcap on the woofer is not the original one. i modified the woofer a bit to lower the Fs and raise the Q a tad.

keep the guesses coming, i wanna see if anyone can figure this out. 12volt, you might have an advantage here if you can recall back to 92-ish, this company was big back then.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by ct97glvulcan@Mar 29 2004, 12:58 AM
uhmm... Earthquake?
nope.

here is a hint though... look at the ground

if that doesent help anyone, ill post what it is tommorow evening

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Earth Quake used to make subs

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
earthquake still does make subs, and they are still in business.

keep the guesses coming, and if i get back to the computer tonight after classes i will post the answer

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
PYLE?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts