Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The leak is back! And stronger too, its leaving multiple droplets and bigger splotches of oil. The oil pan is covered.

The back end of the trans pan too.

It seems like all my seals are leaking, because I find spent oil, and tranny fluid too.

It also looks like my oil pan took a hit too :blink:

Anyone got more info or ideas? More pictures on the way.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hit it with some dawn dish liquid and hot water and wash it all down real good under there. Then you'll be able to tell whats leaking and whats not better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Man , I feel your pain , I have had the same problem for awhile now . If you find out what it is please let me know . Aguy told me to look at the front engine gasket to see if thats where it coming from , only problem is i can get back there to look.

Let me know if you find out what it is.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Man , I feel your pain , I have had the same problem for awhile now . If you find out what it is please let me know . Aguy told me to look at the front engine gasket to see if thats where it coming from , only problem is i can get back there to look.

Let me know if you find out what it is.
[/b]
I was told to check that too. I'm cleaning it up tonight to see where she's leaking from. I'll be sure to post it here. :x:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you gotta give that bay a good degrease first to figure the leak out.
[/b]
Did it tonight, hit it with aircraft degreaser..

that crap is potent. :blink: it peels paint. Seriously it does.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And it can ruin gaskets to there skippy.

:(
[/b]
The can says "CLOTH AND RUBBER GASKET SAFE"***

***if mixed appropriately using directions

My gaskets are wasted anyway.. rofl.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool , coool..... so wheres the leak coming from ?

That honestly looks like transmission fluid to me on your pan bolts though.
[/b]
Well I cleaned it about 10 times and all pretty much show the same results. Its leaking from the sides of the oil pan, and from the front of the trans pan. My gaskets are officially "Sweating"

They are going to be replaced with Fel-Pro Rubber gaskets and Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF (Mercon V) and I'm going to change my oil, trans filter, and oil filter (of course) as well. :)

(about $100+ there..)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Check your magnet, and trans fluid carefully when you drain it.
If it looks super funky, and real gunky on the bottom of the pan then you should give serious thought to putting the old trans fluid back in after you replace the gasket or you may be paying for a rebuild earlier then you want to.
SOME TIMES in high mileage transmissions the dirty fluid is the only thing keeping the clutches working. When you remove the dirty fluid you remove clutch particles that gave it that little bit of grip.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check your magnet, and trans fluid carefully when you drain it.
If it looks super funky, and real gunky on the bottom of the pan then you should give serious thought to putting the old trans fluid back in after you replace the gasket or you may be paying for a rebuild earlier then you want to.
SOME TIMES in high mileage transmissions the dirty fluid is the only thing keeping the clutches working. When you remove the dirty fluid you remove clutch particles that gave it that little bit of grip.
[/b]
Thanks for the tip, i am well aware of that :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts