Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a long time observer, first time poster. Let me start by saying this website is great, so much information has saved me so much money. That being said I have a question that I can't seam to find an answer to in the search.

I come out to my car ('01, vulcan, 155,000) this morning to find it not running after remote starting it. I start it up and it revs all the way up to about 4X then stalls out. So I try again and it revs up and down, makes some crunchy sounds then dies out again. I popped the hood to find a hose on (what I believe to be) the intake was disconnected, I popped it back on and everything's fine again.

My question is, what is this hose called, how could it become disconnected over night, and should I replace it or will just popping it back on suffice?

I have posted two pictures with the hose in question circled.

Thank you for any help, if this is a repost I apologize, I'm having trouble finding information on this one.

Picture 1
Picture 2

·
Registered
671 Posts
Don't know what it's called, but the same thing happened to me starting my car up after work a couple months back. In my situation, it sounded like my car backfired & popped the hose off. Recently and for an unrelated reason, I had my car smoke tested for leaks, and found it to be leaking around that hose. Apparently it doesn't have a good seal, so it'll blow off with little motivation. My shop just cable-tied it tighter, but it hadn't given me trouble since that first time.

Your car could've back-fired or something else to increase manifold pressure (don't know what else would do that) and popped it off during a remote start. It's uncommon enough that I wouldn't worry about it, but you can cable tie it tighter for reassurance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes! I had the popping sound as well, I thought my serpentine belt snapped, because it's been squealing lately (replacing it will be my next search on here) a zip tie was what I was thinking too, I'll have to pick some up. I swear since my car rolled over 150,000 it's just one small $5 fix after another. Thank you for the helpful information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.