Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '01 Sable flex with 106k. I noticed a very small amount of antifreeze on the ground on the pass. side, about 3 feet from the front bumper and to the inside of the passenger wheel toward the center of the engine compartment. I also noticed some antifreeze on the transmission housing on the driver's side. I don't see leakage from the hoses, tank radiator, heater core or anywhere else.
The oil seems fine, no foam or cloudiness. The overflow tank seems to only contain clean antifreeze, no engine oil. I don't see any seepage around the water pump (original) area or thermostat.
I remember reading a post about an expensive metal/rubber part that gave some readers problems.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
could be leaking at the freeze plug...thats happen to a few people here with a "mystery" leak.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Ya, get the car up in the air and check the frost plugs, especially the ones at the rear of the block near the tranny. If one's leaking, get it replaced ASAP, cuz it'll soon blow out, and if that happens while you're going down the road, there's a good chance you'll cook the engine before you even notice that the plug blew out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the problem seems to be a faulty upper radiator hose clamp at the thermostat housing. I installed a new clamp and have not seen any hint of a leak.
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts