Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my bull in mid May. In June, I received a title from the state for my car and thought nothing else of it. Well, the more I thought about it, I thought the bank where I got my car loan from should've probably gotten the title since, after all, its their car until I pay it off, right? The title had no indication that there was a loan on it (lien, lean whatever it is) and that I was the sole owner. I called the dealer and he got real quiet and asked if I could bring it to him soon or mail it. I'm going to take it up to him tomorrow fix it up.

But what would've happened had I never called anybody? If the bank doesn't have the title, how could they make me pay the loan? I'm definately getting this fixed, but I mean, a guy I work with had the same thing happen to him. A friend of his worked at the bank he got his loan at... he said that he could've easily never said anything and never paid back the loan. I would think that would GREALY hurt your credit.

I also got a mailing from the dealership saying they got a 'large order' for 2001 Taurus' and would like to buy mine back and give me another car. Now.... if I can get them to give me a new shiny black 300, I think I just may let them take my bull back ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Your dealer managed to mess up your title AND is trying to buy the car back for another order? I think you need a new dealer.

Anyway, even though your title shows no leinholder, I'm sure the bank would be more than happy to take the car back regardless...you know they'd win, or it'd take so long in court that you would have been better off letting them take it.

Anyway, I'd still have liked that to happen to me, just so I could see what would happen...considering the debt I'm in, it'd be worth a shot. :p

·
Registered
959 Posts
Originally posted by mjolley@Oct 17 2004, 12:40 AM
Your dealer managed to mess up your title AND is trying to buy the car back for another order? I think you need a new dealer.

Anyway, even though your title shows no leinholder, I'm sure the bank would be more than happy to take the car back regardless...you know they'd win, or it'd take so long in court that you would have been better off letting them take it.

Anyway, I'd still have liked that to happen to me, just so I could see what would happen...considering the debt I'm in, it'd be worth a shot. :p
Naughty boy.

:D

Naughty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts