Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

So I was talking to my parents about my current car situation (its great, I have my 97 LX whenever I'm home from college, and when I'm gone my sister drives it). My old 91 sentra is beat to hell, and my mom has no faith in it. She refuses to let my sister drive it. Normally, at this point my father would go out and probably buy a new car, but, that gets a bit difficult when he is buying me a 30,000 dollar bassoon. I explained to them, that I guess it really isn't fair that I have gotten so much more then my other two siblings, so maybe I should fork up my Taurus to my sister. Of course, I still need something to drive for when I'm home.
Heres my question! I see all of these older SHOs with 100k+ on the clock. If I can get one for cheap (like lets say 2-3 grand), with an MTX, is it a realistic car that I can use? Will it last? I take extremely good care of my car (I bring it right in when I suspect anything, oil changes every 3k and so on). I'm thinking that maybe an SHO would be a good investment, because the engine is basically bullet proof.
What do yo guys think?!

I hope all goes well!
-Tony
'97 Silver LX w/ Duratec, all leather, no mods!

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
As long as the major 60k and 120k maintanance items were done right before you buy the car, you'll be getting yourself a good deal. SHO's can potentially become money pits if you get one that hasn't been well maintained. Also, check the FAQ for buying a secondhand SHO in shotimes.com - you can see all the important things to look for to get yourself a great deal

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Why not buy another G3? You can get a Vulcan for about the price you are talking without the money pit issues. Plus, like buying any sports car, the previous owner could have beat it to hell all these years.

$30,000 for a Basson?

Good Luck,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts