Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like some weird wiring problem to me. When I still had my 1995 Taurus SHO the Windows were very bipolar (they'd work some days and not others).

:dunno:

I'd maybe check and make sure all the cables have a tight connection. Have you pulled your door panels recently? It's possible something got messed up in the process of doing that.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
sounds like a loose wire / relay to me.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
*cue the music* You know Dave, when you took the door panel off to replace the speaker...I wonder how snug the window control connection is after you reattached it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
on my 2003 i could press the rear right and all would go down and the drivers would go down them back up when i pressed it

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ May 9 2009, 02:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723876
*cue the music* You know Dave, when you took the door panel off to replace the speaker...I wonder how snug the window control connection is after you reattached it.[/b]
I'm sure I plugged them back in firmly but you have a point. If it happens again, I'll have to check it out.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
haha my bronco 2 does it all the time only with my blinkers and wipers if they dont work i pull over and shut it off and restart it and they work again no problems

·
Registered
205 Posts
The cruise in my 95 quit working for half a day, but it started again the next morning. Just last week the passenger window wouldn't work from the drivers door, but it would go down from the passenger door. Only problem was that it wouldn't go back up for a day. everything works fine now. Its kinda like when i first got the car, nothing worked. It took a few days of driving around before things randomly started coming online. I think its just bulls in general.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Mine has done this with the power windows a few times, but they always start working by themselves. Where is the power window relay located? The few times they did this I heard a "click" from somwhere under the dash and they work fine after that. It only did it's thing when the weather was cold and damp, right after I started it up. They haven't done that for months now, but I'm sure in the future I may need a new window relay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Meh. My 86 TBird was a rolling electrical short by the time I had it from 1997-2002.
-Digital speedometer, back light was stuck to dimmed output. You could only read it at night.
-If you turned on the windshield wipers or highbeams in the rain, the radio would turn off.
-THUMPA THUMPA THUMP bass beats from crappy cars next to me would turn my radio off. <--my first roadrage. Turn off my metal with your crappy bass beat mumblegrumblestupidpeople.
-Using both power windows at once would dim all the dash lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts