Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya, so i just got finished putting 30 bucks into it, in gas, and fuel injector cleaner, and im pulling out of the gas station, catching up with traffic and all the sudden the car starts BANGING, POP POP POP BANG POP BANG, really rapidly...so i pull into a parking lot, put it in park, and it was quiet. Put it in reverse, (i had to hurry to school, only about a mile away) and i got about 2 feet, POP POP POP BOOOOM :::clink clink::: i look under my car, and 3 pieces were lieing on the ground, the biggest one about the size of a hand, with all fingers stretched out, turns out these pieces were from the casing of the transmission, the actual piece that holds everything together inside it, something inside hit the casing and BLEW pieces off, they didnt crack, the cuts are too clean, it BLEW off... I then got up, looked around and i see a dark trail leading up to my car, about 200 feet long, turns out its transmission fluid, just spewed all over the road... anyhow, 2200 bucks to fix it, and as soon as i get it back on wednesday, its goin in autotrader.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Why would you sell it after getting the tranny fixed? You've just fixed the #1 problem with these cars, and if they install a tranny cooler while they're at it, I could see you going at least another 100K without too many "major" problems. Don't give up on it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
ohhh, that's bad.
i had a '90 cougar, and the wheel feel off for no reason, and that was like the 3rd time the car fell apart on me, so i sold it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its got 120k on it, and actually, the car was for sale when the tranny blew, so ive been trying to sell it for a few weeks, but ive just been wanting change, i was gonna sell it with the broken tranny, but i couldnt find a buyer, and i figure i can get a lil extra for it having a higher reliability rating now with the new tranny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts