Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it finally happened, my bull is dead. first went the transmission. it started with slamming the shifts, and then it would only shift into 2nd if you used the gear selector on the column. then about a month ago, it wouldn't shift into second at all. my dad said well, you can still drive to school with it, it only is a mile. well, it blew a head gasket this weekend, and my dad said well, you can still drive it, just be careful. well this morning on the way out of the driveway, it rolled out just fine, and then when i shifted into drive, i would go about 3 mph at about 4000 RPM. i brought it into the driveway real slowly, and my dad let the little secret out. he wanted to wait till i graduated, because i was going to get an SHO for a graduation gift. well, now i get it sooner. oh, and a little question, we found a 92 with about 118k miles, but rebuilt tranny, new clutch, quaife LSD, koni's, ebachis, new water pump. he's asking about 5k. problem is, it needs a paintjob, clearcoats starting to peel. is this a good price?
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Awesome that you're getting SHO they are fast cars

But, that price is high you should be able to get it for a lot less...

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
5k?

Sounds a tad high to me... maybe 2k....

·
Registered
52 Posts
pimpin90GL, the kelly blue book value for that sho in my zip code is $2,040. (i went ahead and compensated for the peeling paint, and the koni's, eibachs etc by labeling it in Good condition)--you can try it for yourself here Kelly Blue Book.com--(use the private party value, for used cars)

So, looks like you should try and find another car. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Yeah, 5 grand with bad paint is a no go. The highest I'd go would be $3500, and that's only because of the quaife.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input. i ran the blue book and got around 2000, so i guess with the quaife... we will probally offer 3k. if not, well theres plenty of other ones nearby. one thing is defiante, i'm staying with a taurus

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
make sure its had the 60k done...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
  make sure its had the 60k done...[/b]
yeah, i fully intend on making sure it has had that. But my guess is that if he put a quaife in there as well as the konis and ebachis, he probally liked the car and kept up with the maintanance. thanks for the concern

1 - 8 of 8 Posts