Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my spoiler yesterday and my muffler put on earlier yesterday. 20 bucks for the muffler, let me pay today too cuz i didnt have the money on me yesterday..oops, haha. I had been wondering for awhile if my struts might be weak, but after i drove that 88 buick Royal the guy gave me free to use, i dont think so aymore! :lol2: That boat for a car bottomed out twice on my road.

Well anyways. I got pictures and a sound clip of the stock muffler. I'll get pictures of the new muffler and a sound clip so you can hear the difference between the two. I must say, i am glad i joined here since i wouldnt have known what to get. This was the perfect muffler, anyone that doesnt have one, get it! The sound it makes is exaclty what ive wanted ever since i was just a little kid like 10 years ago, quite literally. I'll let the sound clip speak later on.

With the spoiler, i got that in. Never knew it was plastic... But that isnt a problem since it wont stop my trunk from popping open like i though it would when i thought it was medal. It has the LED brake light on it. We'll have to see if it works. Spoiler looks nice though. I'll get pictures of it later today hopefully too, by just setting it on the trunk for the pictures, wont be installed.

I dont remember who mentioned this, but i did run by the guy that i heard that if the spoiler isnt put on properly, the bolt holes will rust and the spoiler will become loose. So he said he'll put silicone around the holes and put windshield something-or-another. <----Maybe someone will know what it was. So he'll install it tuesday next week, and i wont have to worry about rusting holes :D . I'll wire the brake light myself to save him a little time since he's a good guy and is doing this stuff cheap for me. I'm gonna unplug my third brake light in the window (well, the two bulbs anyway) so i can wire the spoiler light straight into that. I've wired my subs, speakers, foglights, and amps so i got a general idea what im doing with the car. Though i gotta thank automakers for putting fuses in cars, lol. We'll just leave it at that.

*edit*
The box the spoiler came in was beat up. Gotta love the U.S. mailing system. Atleast the spoiler was wrapped in a couple layers of bubble wrap.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here ya go!

My flowmaster

This is a "teaser." I'll get more shots from the side and such once its installed. And my other purchase i said i was doing before, the chrome sable decal. im getting another though, it got put on a little croked. damn windy day....
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/150012/fullsize/100_0410.JPG' alt='' width='565' height='377' class='attach' />[/url]

If someone actually finds some way to make use of knowing my license plate number, then you have to much time on your hands, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by 96_sab_gs@Oct 8 2004, 02:17 PM
Here ya go!

My flowmaster

This is a "teaser." I'll get more shots from the side and such once its installed. And my other purchase i said i was doing before, the chrome sable decal. im getting another though, it got put on a little croked. damn windy day....
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/150012/fullsize/100_0410.JPG' alt='' width='565' height='377' class='attach' />[/url]

If someone actually finds some way to make use of knowing my license plate number, then you have to much time on your hands, lol. [/b][/quote]
:banana:

Sounds Nice!

Sometimes I wish I had a Vulcan for the flowmaster sound, but I still need to put my turbo muffler on!

-Damon

·
Registered
284 Posts
where'd you get the spoiler from and how much it run you???

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it on ebay for 172.50 including shipping. I was just scrolling throw looking for nothing and came acrossed it. Damn glad i did. Already painted. Exact color as my car too, imagine that...

The decal is barely croked, like a quarter inch off. Can only tell because of the rear defroster lines. It annoys me cuz i know its croked and i can tell looking in my rear view mirror.

So like i said, spoiler is installed on tuesday so ill get pics then. I want to get a couple more clips of my muffler. One of it reving, and one of it accelerating away. A friend i know that will do it is suppose to be here this weekend from college, so he'll take the vid.

Oh, yea, my car is dirty. and my bumper is a little scuffed. But the car is probably going in soon to get the quarter panel fixed. so ill have them repair all the scuffs and scratches on the car while they have it.

OK FINE, you talked me into it ( :p )
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/150010/fullsize/100_0412.JPG' alt='' width='565' height='377' class='attach' />[/url]
Now remember, the spoiler isnt installed, just sitting on the trunk. So the front of it wont be looking so high once its bolted down. And theres a side pic of the muffler. And in the garage are my grandparents lease at there house. 04 Ford Escape and 05 Ford Freestar (the Mercury Monterey was better in my opinion, had dvd player)

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i know it does, sits lower. But i dont want the stock look. I like making sure people see that beast, lol. But i might eventually adjust it so it sits a bit closer to the frame. Dont like that they cut the chrome tip and made it fit around the outlet of the exhaust and then screwed it on. If i known they werent going to weld it, i woulda got a bigger exhaust tip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts