Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok y'all my sis turned 18 today and she is still in drivers ed.(parents didnt let her start til a week ago) anyway her first car is gonna be my younger bros 95 taurus. he has a 3.8. he told me i could take the engine and put my 3.0 in it b/c he dont care. however my sis wants the engine b/c she thinks she can beat me on the track. plus she wants to do a front conversion and put an G3 or G4 front bumper on it eventually. i laughed in her face and told her i am takin the engine and her conversion wont work. what do you all think?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Just out of curiosity...why not just trade cars - you take the one with the 3.8, give the one with the 3.0 to your sister? I only ask cause I'd be too lazy to pull off an engine swap like that :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
b/c my bros taurus is kinda crappy the front bumper is kinda craked froma wreck he was in and the ceiling liner is coming off. where as my sable is still good

·
Registered
702 Posts
You post's title is "My sister is Nuts," so naturally I had to click it. My sister is only 16, but shes starting driver's ed, too. She thinks she'd going to be driving my car when she gets her lisence. She'd destroy my car just by looking at it. It would shutter at the sight of her with it's keys and just explode right there.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my parents were gonna let her drive their G4 w/ them but luckily i knowthe alarm works on it so it didnt start for her but did for my parents. :lol: yea i'm evil too her.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Swapping engines would be a lot of work, but not saying it's not doable. I remember reading last week that you'd need to swap the transmission too because the gear ratios are different, and it will throw a CEL and the torque converter won't lock up.

With some work I bet you could beat her 3.8., maybe. I haven't driven a 3.0 in a looong time.

the vulcan has 140 hp, and 140 TQ, the essex has 140 HP and 215 TQ, the essex will take off from the line a lot faster, but I think you'd catch up in the long run. Hell what do I know, bench racing sucks. I'll meet you 1/2 way and we'll race and find out for sure :lol2:

G

·
My sister turned 18 in april, and I still wont let her touch my Sable... well she sorta knows. I keep em in check like that.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Originally posted by sable_punk02@Sep 22 2004, 07:59 PM
b/c my bros taurus is kinda crappy the front bumper is kinda craked froma wreck he was in and the ceiling liner is coming off. where as my sable is still good
If there's any type of body damage, there are enough of these cars around that you should be able to go to the junk yard, pardon me, "auto recycler", and get body parts and such - much easier to replace and get painted than it will be to swap the entire drivetrain...Or maybe find a nice 3.8 Sable for sale, should be able to get one for next to nothing...Just some thoughts...I just know I hated tearing down the 3.8 in my T-Bird and can't imagine having to do two engines and then put them both back together :blink:

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedyGreeny@Sep 22 2004, 07:00 PM
You post's title is "My sister is Nuts," so naturally I had to click it. My sister is only 16, but shes starting driver's ed, too. She thinks she'd going to be driving my car when she gets her lisence. She'd destroy my car just by looking at it. It would shutter at the sight of her with it's keys and just explode right there.
omglololz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts