Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have been reading the forum for a bit now and need some help with my other ride. I've got a 2003 chevy tracker. The problem is that when my bass hits, my headlights go dim so I know that I'm putting a drain on them. I can't find a bigger altenator for it and I hear that cap's are a waiste. Any othe suggestions. Here's a list of my system..

*JVC 200w mp3 player
*Kenwood 6.5's in the doors
*2 JVC 460 watt 6x9's in the rear (box mounted)
* Dual 10" Kenwood Bandpass sub box
*JCC "warren G"signature series 650 watt amp

I think that's it so thanks for any help.....

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I've seen suggestions of a deep cycle battery...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I just knew that it wasn't a Bull. Any way, I did research the link provided and some other stuff so I guess I'll try a capaciter. Hopefully it will help. Thanks to all...

·
Registered
157 Posts
You should try upgrading your battery cables before you get a cap. I know there's some others that will tell you the same thing (waits for Hoss' input.... :p )

·
Registered
746 Posts
haha... i guess my name gets attatched to a few topics, dont know if its a good thing or a bad tihng.

definitly try upgrading the wires. that would be the first thing i would do. you can do it in a few hours in your own driveway with a few simple tools(just remember that since it is a GM it will be all standard sizes, not metric like the taurus ;) ). if you want an alt, then email dom irragi at [email protected]. he will build you whatever you want, output comes out very strong in the lower RPM's and his work is very wide spread in high power stereos. a deep cycle battery would also help you out in this situation.

i would consider any of these options before a cap, unless you just want to put the cap in line with the headlights, but that is really ignoring the problem...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I will give some of this a shot. However, remember that the tracker is not a true GM. It's actually a Suzuki Vitara in disguise. LOL. Thanks again to all..... BTW, the truck hit 5,000 miles on the way home from work today. So yeah, it's still under warranty. LOL. Thanks again....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts