Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just trying to incite some hate mail from all you Vulcan owners!!!

Here is a pic of the new rims I put on the SVT Contour this weekend. They are OE rims from a Ford Mondeo ST200, the European equivalent of the SVT Contour. I still need to get the center caps. I put Nitto NeoGen 215/45/17's on. The NeoGen's are new and are very much like the Yokohama Parada's, asymetric....they're grippy! :evil_grin:

Next, I'm gonna get some side markers and remove the 24V emblems, then remove the ding guards on the doors....

Laters all!

:edit:
DOH! might help if I include the pic

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
The 'tours went through one more body redesign before they were killed off, right? I thought the shape was a bit more like the Gen 3's. Good work on the contour. An SVT 5 spd must be fun! Have you thought about the 3.0 conversion? :drool:

Now what would be mean would be that car in black, lowered a bit with some kinda slicers. I don't think I much care for that style of rim. at least in the picture it looks like the spokes are very square without much contour (no pun intended). I guess the "cookie cutter" rims that don't look smooth just make them feel like cheap stock rims to me, but that's why we all had different tastes, right?

-Dan

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Green is the rarest of the 11,000 ish SVT tours built

I thought Tropic Green was the official color name.... hmmm

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Looks nice

·
Registered
102 Posts
dant98 Posted: Feb 17 2004, 08:53 AM 

The 'tours went through one more body redesign before they were killed off, right? I thought the shape was a bit more like the Gen 3's. Good work on the contour. An SVT 5 spd must be fun! Have you thought about the 3.0 conversion? :drool:[/b]
aaaa what would be the point of a 3.0 conversion again. hmm 2.5 200hp 3.0 200hp hmm yeah pointless in my eyes

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
The 3.0 conversion on the 2.5 would yield more horsies, minumum five since the 2.5 I thought made 195 hp. But would yield much much more torque since I think the 2.5 makes 175 compared to 200, so minimum 25 lb/ft torque. Depeding on the cost of the block, it could be a worthwhile mod. Exhaust, chip, intake, together dont exactly yield 50hp and same torque, leaving him maybe wanting more power still without paying out the you know what for a super/turbo charger. Plus if he has them already, other then porting/polishing/gasket matching, there isn't many more mods. This is from what I remember when I was interested in Contours a year ago i haven't been to contour.org in a while. So he could be making some decent gains, and power with the 3.0 conversion.

Nick Saturday

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the last body style of the Contour, 99-00. The redesigned Mondeo now makes 220hp in ST trim (aptly named the ST220). I've been researching the 3.0L conversion quite a bit, but right now I have too many other irons in the fire. I love my little car. It has a nice exhaust and intake note. It's sporty, with a comfortable ride. It makes up for everything the Taurus lacks (mostly the 5spd tranny!). Most of my money right now is being funneled into my Morris Minor Hot Rod project. 325hp LS1 in 2200lbs, tube frame chassis, 4 link rear end
And it will be a daily driver, not a trailer b!cht.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
comming to running of the bulls? id love to race you! (in the contour)

Brad

Edit....svt makes 189 horses, 3l would give 200 and 3l hybrid would yield anywhere from 190 WHP to 220 WHP (230-260 crank)

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by the_spy_guy@Feb 18 2004, 08:08 AM
comming to running of the bulls? id love to race you! (in the contour)

Brad

Edit....svt makes 189 horses, 3l would give 200 and 3l hybrid would yield anywhere from 190 WHP to 220 WHP (230-260 crank)
I won't be making it to the meet. It's too far for me, and I'm going to a wedding the same weekend.... Lets have a meeting closer tom me!!! I wanna race my bull!

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
..Thats just teasing. I want an SVT Contour baaaaaaaaaaadlllyyyyy but I can afford one yet
and I want one in green, with tan leather.......YOU SUCK

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by BMWevo600@Feb 20 2004, 08:41 PM
when u say the running of the bulls do u mean taurus' or lambos
Neither. We're going to get a bunch of Red Bull and roll them down the 1/4 mile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts