Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I bought a new truck. I'm so excited!!!!!

It's a 1997 Ford Expedition XLT with the 5.4L Triton V8. It has the following options:

Leather Interior
3rd Row Seat
CD Changer
4 wheel drive
Tow package w/ tranny cooler and oil cooler
17 Inch Wheels
EDIT! Forgot, it also has lighted running boards.

It is dark green with the cream colored interior.

The truck only has 45,000 miles on it. It was owned by an older guy and it was always garaged. It has absolutly no flaws. He added an aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket headers. It sounds nice!

I pick the truck up in about two weeks. I put the money down today and signed a paper saying the truck is mine. Keeping the Taurus for now...but probably will be sold in the next month.

Here's two pics:

-Kyle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
those expos are pimp. one of my friends had one with the 4.6L, which was kinda sluggish, but you should be good to go with that 5.4.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it is an F-Series basically...so it's a truck ;)

The 5.4 is nice. It definitly has good pick up.

Test drove the Suburban and BLEH. Horrible brakes (rear drum vs. all disc on the Expedition) the interior felt cheap, rattles, etc. The one we test drove the tach didnt work and the leather was cracking badly, and after getting out of the car, there was a very strong coolant smell.

We then went to look at another one...same things basically. Switches were busted off, it rattled, squeaked, etc. The Expedition just seemed like a better vehicle.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Congrats with the purchase. I have a neighbor with one just like that except its white. What made you decide to get a "new" vehicle?

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I plan on buying another car later on...the money from the sale of the current Taurus will probably go twards an SHO or similer. We've been wanting a truck for awhile now because we used to drive a 2001 Explorer XLT. We took it off roading frequently so 4x4 was a must. The extra space in the SUV is awesome. Plus, I needed something to tow a big trailer once in awhile, and this tows more than the 1995-1999 Suburbans/Tahoes/Yukons.

I wasn't planning on buying for another two weeks and this one wasn't AVAILABLE for another two weeks...so it worked out okay. I just pay it off in two weeks and then it's mine! More pics will come then. I gotta take some of it with the Taurus. They'll look good together. ;) :banana:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Hahaaha, i bet they do. Once again congrats on teh purchase. Expeditions are great vehicles its just a shame how much you have to pay to fill em up. Mom doesnt even look at the pump anymore, just puts the card in, fills and leaves..no receipt.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Firespirit@Jun 12 2004, 08:59 PM
so you sold the 98 and bought the truck?
Keeping the Taurus for now...but probably will be sold in the next month.
...the money from the sale of the current Taurus will probably go twards an SHO or similer.
Answer your question?? ;) :p

X

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Jun 12 2004, 02:18 PM
Well I plan on buying another car later on...the money from the sale of the current Taurus will probably go twards an SHO or similer.
mAd VuLcAn powa isn't enough for you? :p

j/k congrats on this purchase and good luck with your next.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice interior! The leather smells so nice on a hot day! :) ( Unless the previous owned smoked in it, then, BLECHH! :angry: )

Good luck! See ya at the gas station! :p

B

·
0 Posts
Nice truck! You're right too, the newer Ford trucks seem much more solid than the comparable GM trucks.

All it needs now is some spinnaz... :lol:

BTW Kyle, you change cars more frequently than my kid changes underwear! (Not sure who that's really a dig against though.)

Good luck witi it!

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca+Jun 13 2004, 12:05 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kjw86ca @ Jun 13 2004, 12:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Firespirit@Jun 12 2004, 08:59 PM
so you sold the 98 and bought the truck?
Keeping the Taurus for now...but probably will be sold in the next month.
...the money from the sale of the current Taurus will probably go twards an SHO or similer.
Answer your question?? ;) :p [/b][/quote]
Meh, yeah. But why get rid of the 98? lol you just bought it! (how much you lookin' to get from it?)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Good luck with that. You have had many Taurii so I guess you wanted a change. Change is good! I wish the Wife would let me change cars like that, not that I want to at the moment..

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
So that makes it teh 1997 Ford Expedition XLT Kleenex Edition? :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts