Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys... here are a few pictures of my stereo system in my Taurus... It was 5 degrees out today, and it was snowing like mad...so excuse the snow in the pictures....

Here is my head Unit.. it is a Pioneer 5500MP, and it cost $166 at Sounddomain

Here is my Subwoofers... They are Eclipse 10" subs.. they cost $240 dollars w/ the box at sounds and motion.

And here is the amp... its a MTX 8302, puts out 425watts RMS, bought this for $180 dollars at sounds and motion

The RCA cable, remote wire, connectors where given to me for free from the guy at sound domain because i bought it all from him...

Please make sure to check out my thank you thread in odds and ends

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...st=0#entry20071

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Definitely not a bad setup. Good job! What do you have for your door & rear deck speakers? I'm currently in the process of upgrading my first system setup.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Xmann01@Jan 30 2004, 10:52 PM
.......and the door and rear deck speakers are???
they are stock

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
What are the deminsions of the box, it looks way to small for those speakers. Do you have the volume of the box, and is the box split inside or just one open chamber?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Jan 31 2004, 02:25 PM
What are the deminsions of the box, it looks way to small for those speakers. Do you have the volume of the box, and is the box split inside or just one open chamber?
It specifically states in the eclipse sub user manual that the subs where desiged for small enclosures... so they are w/in the reccomended volume... and im not sure what it is exactly..the guy at the audio shop matched it up... i could do some geometry and figure it out... lol

But yeah i dont konw if its split or not..
i dont wanna take the sub out either haha bu ti should take more pictures of it

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nice, but you should clean it up in the trunk. You know, Hide the wires, mount the box down, and mount the amp to something. Don't feel bad. I still haven't done it yet either, but believe me it will look even better and it's a deturant for thieves. If they have to unmount a bunch of stuff and dig out wires they'll probably go after somebody else's stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by slider5634@Jan 31 2004, 07:58 PM
Nice, but you should clean it up in the trunk. You know, Hide the wires, mount the box down, and mount the amp to something. Don't feel bad. I still haven't done it yet either, but believe me it will look even better and it's a deturant for thieves. If they have to unmount a bunch of stuff and dig out wires they'll probably go after somebody else's stuff.
Oh yeah, i totally will do that... but its been just too damn cold... i did tidy up the wires a bit..but i didnt mount anything yet... i still have to device a plan for that

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah, I can totally relate to the weather. Today it was only 13 but compare to yesterday's -5 it's like a heay wave.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I don't really think that mounting it down to something ewill really make that much difference in a detterent... I mean the crook needed a tool to pry the trunk open, it won't take much to pop a couple screws out. Just don't crank it around ur own neighbour hood or near a destination.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Zeptoplix@Jan 31 2004, 11:14 PM
I don't really think that mounting it down to something ewill really make that much difference in a detterent... I mean the crook needed a tool to pry the trunk open, it won't take much to pop a couple screws out. Just don't crank it around ur own neighbour hood or near a destination.
Well, if i make something really elaborate in my trunk, it might help some... like maybe conservably take the ripping off time another 30 minutes might do it? i dunno lol

But yeah, i dont crank it up by my apartment and i turn it down before i get to my destination because i had the same thoughts as you..but i have an alarm on my taurus and that should hhelp i hope!

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Personally I'd rather them just take my stuff then cause lots of damage taking it because I fastened everything down as much as possible... I guess its tough to figure out which is best.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Zeptoplix@Jan 31 2004, 11:21 PM
Personally I'd rather them just take my stuff then cause lots of damage taking it because I fastened everything down as much as possible... I guess its tough to figure out which is best.
yeah its kinda sad i have to even worry about it

I have a laptop alarm... that would be very useful for tying down my stuff.. .hmm what do you think of that?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by Xmann01+Feb 1 2004, 03:57 AM-->QUOTE (Xmann01 @ Feb 1 2004, 03:57 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Zeptoplix
@Jan 31 2004, 11:41 PM
Well bottom line if they want they are going to get it.  just don't advertise you have it.
Well said. [/b]
Exactly! My next door neighbor has a son with a Neon (
) who insisted on cranking his system up everytime he can. Right up until it got ripped off that is. Seems his alarm did him no good.
Now my system makes his sound like crap but I don't flaunt it and my car's never been bothered. It also helps that I drive an "old man's" car

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Yes. Do not advertise the system you have, it just makes it more appealing to thieves.

If anything bolt your crap down just to keep it from sliding around back there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts