Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my wife got rid of my pit when i was in Iraq so she found these on craigslist right after Christmas so she let me get one but she said she couldn't leave the last one by itself so we had to get both. they're wonderful dogs there a American bull, pit and mastiff mix (mutt) but can't wait to see how big they get
[attachmentid=28544]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Puppies! I love puppies! :)

Unfortunately, I live in an apartment, so I can't have one (cats are allowed, but not dogs, WTF? Cats suck). We used to have a black Lab way back, but we had to get rid of him when my parents divorced.

I wouldn't have been able to leave the other one by itself either. Heck, if there was 3 of them, I'd probably want to take all 3.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
I never understood that. Cats leave WAY more of a mark on a place than dogs do. I rent a condo (townhouse by some definitions) and my landlord luckily does not care what I do. IN fact, if I decided to go buck wild and spend 3K remodeling the kitchen, he would cut me a check for the 3K!

Congrats on the puppies. Mine drive me nuts, but I don't think I could part with them!

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
:) Please post more pictures :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
I never understood that. Cats leave WAY more of a mark on a place than dogs do. I rent a condo (townhouse by some definitions) and my landlord luckily does not care what I do. IN fact, if I decided to go buck wild and spend 3K remodeling the kitchen, he would cut me a check for the 3K!

Congrats on the puppies. Mine drive me nuts, but I don't think I could part with them!
[/b]
Cats don't usually crap and pee all over the house or chew on things. And our cat has never torn up anything actually.

But back on topic... cute puppies! And WHY did she get rid of the Pitbull? I sure miss mine. She was hit by a truck three years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Cats prance around in their own urine and feces and then crawl all over the house. The prior tenants were cat people. When I pulled up the carpet on the stairs, the stink of cat pee was unbearable. The tack strip was still wet from the cats spraying in the house.

My GF cleans up after her cat a hell of a lot more (puke, hairballs, sweeping up litter, changing litter) than we do with the dogs. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
You have to train a cat just like a dog. Mine doesn't jump on anything except the couch to sleep, then only on it's blanket. My house does not smell like cat pee, etc. Not all cats spray either, only unnuetered males when there is more than one in the house.

But let's stop the cats vs dogs arguement. this topic is about someones new puppies! :jacked:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice looking pups. Good luck with them.

The main reasons apartments allow cats and not dogs is that cats do not bark and wake up other tenants and can also be kept inside indefinitely. Your security deposit will take care of cleaning up your place when you move out but they don't really want to get complaints from other tenants about dog crap or urine in the common areas.

I am a dog lover and would never think of having a dog before I got my own house. A dog needs its own territory including a backyard. My German Shepherd would have been miserable in my old apartments.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it sucked these "free" puppies ended up costing my around 1300 in vet bills cause they both ended up with parvo cause of our neighbor. so there went most of my money that was going to go for the taurus. but i still got to do the maint part of it though. but they are better and they better out live me since they just cost me so much

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Here's our new puppy. Orginally got her for my mom, but she decided she could not take care of her. Her name is Precious and she's a pointer/mix. The vet thinks the mix part is spaniel...but at different angles she looks like pit to me.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts