Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
If you are going to use fiberglass for the top, then paint it. Fiberglass looks best when sanded and high-gloss painted IMO. You can also buy a yard of vinyl and upholster it yourself if you would rather have padding. Black goes with about anything and is east to color-match.

Looks nice.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Yeah I agree eith silvapain, fiberglass looks sweet all smooth and color matched. Looking good man!

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paint it is what my wife said too. I was thinking that anyway, but now I need to figure out what to do with the padded armrest.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I need to figure out what to do with the padded armrest.
You talkin bout the swuishy leather thing on top?

you should be able to find leather/vinyl 'spray paint'....... to color it your basic colors, black, white, etc......... autozone and o'reilly's sells that stuff..... dunno for sho how well it works, but i hear it's not bad...

got a friend who bought plain grey leather to reupholster his seats in his roadrunner, wanted the leather to be blue to match the interior.... so he bought some of the stuff and colored the leather before sewing it on.... looks pretty good!

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may just try to take the cover off of it and paint it too.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by ryanqzqz@Sep 28 2004, 04:27 PM

you should be able to find leather/vinyl 'spray paint'....... to color it your basic colors, black, white, etc......... autozone and o'reilly's sells that stuff..... dunno for sho how well it works, but i hear it's not bad...
Don't make me drag out my interior photos again. ;) Click the link in my sig, go to interior. Let me tell you too, that stuff has held up FADE-FREE for going on nearly 4 years now. Truly a great product.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be looking in to all of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts