Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are 17X8 with a 35mm offset. They wiegh under 17lbs each. I put 235/45WR-17 Yokohama ES100 on each wheel. In order for the tires to clear, I had the rear fenders rolled and I had to trim the plastic from the ground effects at the front part of the driver's side rear fender to keep the tire from rubbing.

Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
:jawdrop: Looks great!!!!! :banana: :rottenbanana: :banana: :punchbob:

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
looks nice jed...for some reason oz wheels just have a look of their own..and man is it sweet :) works very well w/those tires

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliments. The wheels and tires really makes the car look different. The car handles much better now too. Turn in is very sharp compared to the stock slicer Dunlop SP8000 that I had before. My brother in law is happy with the slicers and practically new SP8000 that I gave him. He passed his white slicers and stock tires to our friend Kevin for his 1990 SHO. Now I am finally ready to install my Baer brakes next month. The current set up I have is the 12.5" rotors. I plan to see if can get the two piece 13" rotors with a new bracket to move the caliper another 1/4" higher to clear the rotors.

Bob

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Those wheels look great with that car, especially with that color. The tires are also a great choice as they fill the fenderwell very very nicely. That setup will kick ass with the Baer brake kit! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by spridget@Sep 21 2004, 01:12 AM
Very nice wheels. Time for better brakes!
I saw the black wheels you are going to install on your car. It will look good. I thought about powercoating these wheels to a dark grey or black, but I decided to leave them as is. I will take more pics after I install the Baer brake kit.

Bob

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by jedhead+Sep 21 2004, 01:02 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jedhead @ Sep 21 2004, 01:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-spridget@Sep 21 2004, 01:12 AM
I saw the black wheels you are going to install on your car. It will look good. I thought about powercoating these wheels to a dark grey or black, but I decided to leave them as is. I will take more pics after I install the Baer brake kit.

Bob [/b][/quote]
I believe you have me confused with Kermit. But FWIW - Kermit's black cobra rims will look very nice on his blacked out G4!

I had 17" wheels with 35mm offset and 235/45-17's before on my car. I had a slight rub on the left rear fender when I hit a bump. I only needed to grind a tiny edge off the fender lip to fix the rub.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by spridget+Sep 22 2004, 01:20 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spridget @ Sep 22 2004, 01:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 01:02 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-spridget
@Sep 21 2004, 01:12 AM

Bob
I believe you have me confused with Kermit. But FWIW - Kermit's black cobra rims will look very nice on his blacked out G4!

I had 17" wheels with 35mm offset and 235/45-17's before on my car. I had a slight rub on the left rear fender when I hit a bump. I only needed to grind a tiny edge off the fender lip to fix the rub. [/b][/quote]
I did confuse you with Kermit. Sorry. These wheels also have a 35mm offset and is 8" wide. I had roll the rear fenders and on the drivers rear I had to trim some of ground effect just forward of the wheel to stop all rubbing. Driver's side rear is the tightest wheel well on a Gen 1. The tires tread is just over 9" wide and just over 9.5" at the widest point. I tried to mount 245/45-17's but they stuck out of the fenders in the front and I would have needed to do more trimming of the plastic.

Bob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Schwing!! :jump_with_joy:

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
how much did it cost to get your fenders rolled??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts