Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old 93 Century's transmission died at 80k so I got it fixed and decided to sell it. I'm 21 and have a pretty good job while going to school so I figured I could get a nice newer car.

I had not a clue what i wanted to buy for a new car. I test drove a 99 Bonneville. Nice styling, nice car in general, but that specific car just didn't feel right. No options, either.

I tried a Hyundai XG300. Very nice car! But, eh, I kinda like American (especially after my Camry rental with 3k died on me in mid-traffic!).

I thought maybe a newer Monte Carlo but I tried to stay away from GM after this Buick (borderline lemon).

Then I thought Crown Vic... but I live in a very hilly area and it snows a lot and I just like the idea of front wheel drive around these parts.

I had thought about getting an Explorer... but then I was on a car lot and saw this one sitting there in the sun and I just stopped and said "That's my new car" I had it in the driveway within 24 hours. It has the Vulcan which isn't too bad with power. I loved the fact it had a moonroof and leather (just like my old 90 Sable LS). And the back spoiler really adds alot to it. With 37k, it was $9900 (exactly $1 more than the worn out Bonneville haha). Their asking price was like $12,995 or something like that. The dealer was its previous owner and had it waxed once a month and washed weekly.

Oh well... lemme know if you like the car if you get a chance! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Looks nice!!!!!!! The Sable looked like it was really clean also. You got a good deal! Do you wish it had the floor shifter or do you like the column shift? Seems like most people here buy the one with the column shifter and want to switch it to the floor shifter model interior.

-Kyle

G

·
Very nice looking car! Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. :) Nice to have another fellow 2001 SES w/ Vulcan Powah! owner. ;) B)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts