Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Windstar was left in Texas when I moved because I didn't really have a NEED for it here, I left it at my in-laws house parked. I told them it was fine for my mother and father in-law to use it because they're responsible enough too. I specifically said, SEVERAL times, that I did not want my sister in-law driving it because she's a mindless idiot and very irresponsible. Not to mention, she is excluded from the insurance because she still lives at home (~24 years old, married and three kids, living w/ mom and dad, but that's another story). She also has a suspended license due to unpaid surcharges.

Guess who totalled it?

The only pic I have of it, hoping for crashed pics in a few days.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Dave SES @ Apr 24 2009, 06:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720312
Dang man! Is the old man gonna straighten it out? I hope your not out of luck.[/b]

I don't expect him to straighten it out, I expect HER to straighten it out. He is ~60 and disabled, with his freeloading daughter and son-in-law living with him, he has enough problems. His daughter needs to grow up and learn a lesson.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ Apr 24 2009, 07:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720327
QUOTE (Dave SES @ Apr 24 2009, 06:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720312
Dang man! Is the old man gonna straighten it out? I hope your not out of luck.[/b]

I don't expect him to straighten it out, I expect HER to straighten it out. He is ~60 and disabled, with his freeloading daughter and son-in-law living with him, he has enough problems. His daughter needs to grow up and learn a lesson.
[/b][/quote]

The reason I asked was, she doesn't seem to have the means to straighten it out. I hope she does.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Sounds like your brother is pretty stupid for having married her too... So I guess that since she wasn't covered by insurance, you aren't going to get a cent? Hopefully she didn't hit anyone, because without insurance, you could be held liable for any damages/health costs!

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Apr 24 2009, 08:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720358
Sounds like your brother is pretty stupid for having married her too... So I guess that since she wasn't covered by insurance, you aren't going to get a cent? Hopefully she didn't hit anyone, because without insurance, you could be held liable for any damages/health costs![/b]
My brother is married to an idiot, but not that idiot. She's my better half's sister.

The other car hit her, but we don't know what the insurance is gonna say about a license suspended driver.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Tell the insurance company that you did not authorize her to drive the vehicle. Thus, she drove it without consent of the owner, amounting to theft, and you cannot be held liable for what your vehicle did when it was stolen.

Edit: I think.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ Apr 25 2009, 06:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720418
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Apr 24 2009, 08:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720358
Sounds like your brother is pretty stupid for having married her too... So I guess that since she wasn't covered by insurance, you aren't going to get a cent? Hopefully she didn't hit anyone, because without insurance, you could be held liable for any damages/health costs![/b]
My brother is married to an idiot, but not that idiot. She's my better half's sister.

[/b][/quote]

Lolz...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
QUOTE (Craddosk @ Apr 25 2009, 07:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720429
Tell the insurance company that you did not authorize her to drive the vehicle. Thus, she drove it without consent of the owner, amounting to theft, and you cannot be held liable for what your vehicle did when it was stolen.

Edit: I think.[/b]
You would have to report it to the police and have a copy of the report of it being used without consent, I don't think you'd want to put her in jail for a felony charge.

·
Registered
712 Posts
QUOTE (austex04 @ Apr 26 2009, 05:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720649
QUOTE (Craddosk @ Apr 25 2009, 07:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720429

Edit: I think.[/b]
You would have to report it to the police and have a copy of the report of it being used without consent, I don't think you'd want to put her in jail for a felony charge.
[/b][/quote]

....or maybe you do... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts