Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow taurus/sable fanatics

I am fairly new to the forums and would like to now take this time to introduce my self.
My name is Legolyn, but my friends call me Joe. I am currently 19 years of age.

I recently bought my blue, although registration says grey, 1999 ford taurus SE vulcan. I am loving every second of it. I found this website awhile ago, and for some reason didn't choose until now to speak up, I just lurked in the shadows learning new things everyday.

I live in Massachusetts and work at a place called BJ's wholesale club, I'm a Gas attendant but i prefer petroleum engineer, to each his own right? In fact, I am on the job right now while i type this.

It amazes me how many people don't know how to pump gas, sorry off topic.

The Taurus that I now call my own is my second car, my first car was a 1991 oldsmobile cutlass ciera, that thing was a piece. I loved that car, until the fateful day where a young boy named tim in a camry decided to t-bone me on my drivers side, I guess it was meant to be, because it was then, armed with a freshly cut insurance check, that i walked into the dealership and bought the taurus.

sorry for the boring post, just wanted to introduce my self, I hope to get to know all the friendly people here and to be an active and contributing member of this online community, thank you for your time.

Legolyn

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Welcome to the club! :tcca: It's highly addictive and it'll turn you into a Taurus fanatic. You'll be able to point out a Taurus or Sable in real life, in movies and TV, and just about anywhere! Scary ain't it? But hey, it might help you on the job if anyone needs help with their car.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
where in mass? im commin up that way next weekend to meet up with some tcca'ers. Maybe we could meet up.

Welcome!

Brad

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Jul 31 2004, 10:41 PM
where in mass? im commin up that way next weekend to meet up with some tcca'ers. Maybe we could meet up.

Welcome!

Brad
Yeah, what stupid said. There's a bunch of us in the New England area. I'm from RI. You should check out the Northeast Chapter and become a member!

If you ever need anything, let me know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome

I live in a small town called Westminster, which is in Worcester county.
I work in Leominster/Fitchburg, I say it that way because the store itself is in Leominster but the gas station is in Fitchburg.

There's a bunch of us in the New England area. I'm from RI. You should check out the Northeast Chapter and become a member!

I will definitely look into it thank you

If you don't mind me asking, where'd you come up with the name "legolyn"?

I used to play an online game called EverQuest, my characters name was Legolyn Swiftarrow and he was a wood elf ranger, got him up to level 51 and quit. Those were my more nerdy days. People in the guild I was in called me Lego

Once again thank you for the very warm welcome

Legolyn

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I've been a member for like 3 weeks and I am so addicted, not even funny. I'm in the Boston area and a member of the Northeast as well

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
wow man, you and i have the exact same story. in fact, ill introduce myself since i have not already:

i am Jamie, friends call me jamie, jay, ruby, and duuv. im 19 and i live in richmond virginia. my dad gave me my first car, a hand-me down, when i turned 16. it was an 89 oldsmobile delta 88 that everyone called the beast. the once nice maroon color had rusted to grey on the hood and roof, it had no hubcaps, and the shocks were beyond recognition; the car leaned to once side. i used to go offroading it in and got deep in some mud a few times and while those days were fun, im glad to get rid of the car as i constantly was replacing something. i needed a reliable car, my olds was dead in the driveway for 6 months (it just needed a battery) while i was in Lynchburg, Va (right near mcgilles) at college, but we're all to lazy to go buy one. so i started lookin for good used car. i found the taurus and loved it. i got my 99 taurus SE 24v duratec at the end of june and have loved every minute ive had it. ive been surfing the web reading about mods and other peoples experiences and their cars since i got it. theres a number of cars that particularly fascinate me, three that come to mind first are cantide, artsho, and mcgilles. along with Joe, i have been lurking in the shadows staying up to date with teh TCCA and its members but havnet spoken up and made my presence known, until now. i feel now i can help out instead of just ask questions, and i like that. i have been trying to contact a couple members to discuss cars and such, tahts always fun, and ive got a couple members on my AIM buddy list (but some of them are never on *cough* mcgilles *cough*). also, ive wanted to join TCCA northeast, and finally found out how the other day, waiting on a response. ive noticed that ive never seen anything about TCCA people in virginia and the areas around Va meeting up, so i'd like to organize or help organize that. i know it can be done, mcgilles and i are under 2 hours from each other and im sure there are other people around. anyway, i just read Joe's introduction and was inspired to introduce myself since we have a similiar story. feel free to contact me on AIM (my screenname is damnduval) or on MSN ( [email protected] - thats also my email) (i wont be on MSN for a few weeks, my main computer's harddrive died recently). i would love to hear from yall so hit me up! as for now, i'm gonna go wash my beloved vehicle :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts