Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Obama has passed some kind of bill that requires the military to send a list of the awards and the actual awards to veterans who served in the military.

Yesterday, I opened the mail box to find a letter from the Department of the Army. Upon reading the return address, I quickly recounted that the last time I received a letter from the Department of the Army they were ordering me to report to New Orleans for a physical to ship out to Iraq.

I brought the letter inside the house, set it on the coffee table, and looked at it for a while before opening it.

When I opened it and read it, I was surprised to read a list of awards that I earned when I was active. The letter also stated that I should receive the actual awards within two weeks. It said to contact them if I do not receive the awards within 2 weeks.

I am thinking that a lot of people are not going to open these letters because they are scared about what the letters contain. They may miss their 2 week timeline to request their awards if they do not open and read the letter.

I have one suggestion Barack - even if the Department of the Army is processing the award letters, could you let them put the letters in Department of Veterans Affairs envelopes?

That would save our vets from nearly having a heart attack when they get a letter from the Department of the Army.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
QUOTE (mrcow32 @ May 15 2009, 11:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725335
QUOTE (97 Blue Taurus Vulcan @ May 15 2009, 11:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725331
I have one suggestion Barack - even if the Department of the Army is processing the award letters, could you let them put the letters in Department of Veterans Affairs envelopes?

That would save our vets from nearly having a heart attack when they get a letter from the Department of the Army.[/b]
I'm sure the next time President Obama logs into the Taurus Car Club of America (which I hear is often), that he will take your suggestion into great consideration... :freak2:
[/b][/quote]

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (RPFlloyd @ May 15 2009, 10:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725338
QUOTE (mrcow32 @ May 15 2009, 11:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725335
QUOTE (97 Blue Taurus Vulcan @ May 15 2009, 11:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725331

That would save our vets from nearly having a heart attack when they get a letter from the Department of the Army.[/b]
I'm sure the next time President Obama logs into the Taurus Car Club of America (which I hear is often), that he will take your suggestion into great consideration... :freak2:
[/b][/quote]

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
[/b][/quote]

Well, Car and Driver DID just name him auto exec of the year, so maybe he's trying to bone up? No better place to start than here!

Btw, thanks again for your service!

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Thank you very much for your service to our great nation.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I am sure there are some people making a run for the border and leaving that letter in the mail box.

:burnout:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ May 15 2009, 04:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725417
QUOTE (rudedog @ May 15 2009, 03:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725400
WTH does TacoBell have to do with anything???????[/b]
I think he was refering to the "draft dodgers/conscientous objectors" from the Vietnam War era that chose to go to Canada rather than to Vietnam...
[/b][/quote]

Yes, nuking Canada was far more important. It would have solved so many problems, but noooo...

j/k i was born and raised in Winnipeg ;)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (Darthenstein @ May 16 2009, 04:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725632
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ May 15 2009, 04:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725417
QUOTE (rudedog @ May 15 2009, 03:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725400
WTH does TacoBell have to do with anything???????[/b]
I think he was refering to the "draft dodgers/conscientous objectors" from the Vietnam War era that chose to go to Canada rather than to Vietnam...
[/b][/quote]

j/k i was born and raised in Winnipeg ;)
[/b][/quote]

Eeep... I'm so sorry to hear that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts