Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new seat cover on my driver side it is worn out. anybody know if the dealer is the best place to go ?? Will it cost me my right and left arm??

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
What make/model/year is your car.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
What is the color interior? :)

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
There are several sites on-line where you can find replacement leather seat covers, just do a search for "automobile leather seat covers". The one problem with this is you would have to, or have someone else, install them. If not done properly, the new covers will deteriorate quickly. If you don't have any experience in doing this, I would recommend contacting your local Auto upholstery shops to see what they can offer you. Make certain to check not only their prices, but also the quality of material they use. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
check out the junk yards. You should be able to install a hardly used passenger side seat on your drive side power seat frame.

·
Registered
46 Posts
^^^ +2 ..not hard to find taurus leather @ junkyard. its easy as 1,2,3,4 bolts. and if you need clearance to remove the four bolts under a motorized seat you will need to bring a power source (i used a drill battery) find the +/- wiring under the seat from harness & tap into it. hook the leads to your power source & you can move the seat as if the car was still alive. this is how i found some NICE untouched charcoal leather seats i guess nobody could access them. just make sure you remove anything unnecessary before you check-out (seat track, seat buckle, side air bag if n/a). they wouldve raped me @ my U-pull with the additional fees! price magically went from $100/seat down to $30/seat when i took all the unnecessary crap off.

..its funny b/c i really just hid the airbag wiring inside the cushion :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
^ This is very true. I learned my lesson @ LKQ Self Serve...$25 for the seat cushions, $25 for the track & motor. Yea ok, thanks guys lol.

Passenger seat replacements are an excellent suggestions unless you have side airbags.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
THANK YOU ALL for the replies.buy the way my seat color is med parchment leather and I do have side air bags. I still have the blue window sticker I bought it brand new in 2001

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
If you have side air bags, all you can do is find a 2000-2002 that also had side airbags and beige/medium parchment leather (Taurus or Sable) at least for the back rest. You can use a butt cushion from any medium parchment car, regardless of airbag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts