Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Only one problem with that All aluminum box.... It's going to absorb heat in the engine bay and negate the intakes effect.... in addition to that that's not a "Full Cold Air" It's a short ram. a CAI goes into the fenderwell...

Nice job nonetheless..

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
That is a nice setup. Ignore what these guys said. Yes the box will absorb some heat, but compared to the amount of air you draw in, it will do its job nicely. Good work. That box appears to be plastic, and plastic is a good enough insulator. If in doubt, get some of that mylar bubble wrap and line the inside of your box with it. I would tighten up the seal around the edges of the box a little, just to prevent air from bypassing it. You can get some split foam tubing at the hardware store that is used to protect pipes from freezing. If you put that in the edges of your box, it will form a tight seal.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
That is a nice setup. Ignore what these guys said. Yes the box will absorb some heat, but compared to the amount of air you draw in, it will do its job nicely. Good work. That box appears to be plastic, and plastic is a good enough insulator. If in doubt, get some of that mylar bubble wrap and line the inside of your box with it. I would tighten up the seal around the edges of the box a little, just to prevent air from bypassing it. You can get some split foam tubing at the hardware store that is used to protect pipes from freezing. If you put that in the edges of your box, it will form a tight seal.

You obviously failed to completely read the thread. The box is aluminum. Aluminum absorbs heat ridiculously easy....:rolleyes2:

In addition to this, he called it a "Full Cold Air Intake" which isn't the case. It is a Short ram. A "Full Cold Air Intake" goes into the fenderwell.

Please read the whole thread before replying.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Where does the MAF go?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
i think you read it wrong he did state that the box will absorb heat but he did congratulate me on my work tho compared to some of these others.
I didn't see any negative posts... My post even said "Nice job nonetheless" So I don't see where the problem is. :rolleyes2:

Also I agree. Where is your MAFS? did you use a sensor housing after the filter?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its kinda hard to explain but its still in the same postition but just on the bottom since the wires arent long enuf to go on top umm i can send pics via txt if you wanna see em send ur cell in a pm. i used the spectre MAF adapter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but guys ima get off an get on xbox "TSS CPT killa" an get on Forza 3. hint hint the new Ford Taurus SHO is on that game :) first game to have it an it is just like the real world in handling!i love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.