Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just wanted to post some pics of my install. Nothing really huge here. If you look closely, I ran the amp power cable through the driver's side fender and through a grommet in front of the door. Sorry...the car's dirty...PA isn't the nicest when it's snowy outside. As for the headunit, I have a Sony MEX-1HD. For speakers, they are stock right now and for the sub, I have a single 12 inch Phoenix Gold Titanium in a custom-made box by me. For the sub power, just a Rockford Fosgate 500W amp. That's all!! Hope you enjoy!

J

·
0 Posts
Looks good!
I have two Phoenix Gold Titanium 12's and I love them. I replaced the rear speakers with Infinitys and it sounds great. The stock speakers sound quite a bit better with an aftermarket headunit from what I've heard, so I bet yours sounds pretty good. Keep up the nice work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jason8225:

Do you have the DVC 12's? I wanted to get 2 12's, but I couldn't let this SVC 12 get away...I got it for only 80 bucks new!!! hehehe! Well, I want to go with some aftermarket speakers, but I don't have the money right now.
What I really need to get is some Dynamat for my car!! I hate the rattle! Thanks for your comment!

J

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I got the dual voice coils.
I found mine at a local shop for $300 each, but they had a buy one get one free deal at the time, so I got both for $300. Sounds like you got a really good deal though. I got my Infinity speakers for $25 on ebay. lol
Might want to check there for some, there's some awesome deals out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts