Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
There's also a restriction in Illinois on having bulky frames or smoked lenses on your plate, technically.

As long as it doesn't obstruct a view of the plate numbers themselves or the reflective registration decal in the corner, basically no cop here will bother to pull someone over for that stuff.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
There's also a restriction in Illinois on having bulky frames or smoked lenses on your plate, technically.

As long as it doesn't obstruct a view of the plate numbers themselves or the reflective registration decal in the corner, basically no cop here will bother to pull someone over for that stuff.
Re:
"no cop here will bother to pull someone over for that stuff"

Whooo, they only need an EXCUSE to take a peak in your car, look at your papers, and inspection.

I haven't been stopped since ~1990. And I have driven mega miles up until last few years. I do not want to start.

Just my OP.

-chart-

·
Super Moderator
7,685 Posts
^^^^^^ I have you beat on that, Chart...... I havent been pulled over since 1979. That was for 77 in a 55 in New Mexico while on a road trip. The fine was $12.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
9 Participants
Jeff K
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing